Zooz Z-Wave Plus Smart Plug ZEN06 with 2 USB Charging Ports

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 pm
srkinard offline

Zooz Z-Wave Plus Smart Plug ZEN06 with 2 USB Charging Ports

I bought one of these for the USB ports and the energy monitoring...
It works in Indigo...but it's annoying me...the log fills with every single energy update. I changed the Polling to once every hour, but it still seems to send an update to Indigo any time the power consumption changes...

Here's the device info:

Code: Select all
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.96
Node ID: 77
Model: Relay Power Switch
Model ID: 0101000A
Manufacturer: Zooz
Manufacturer ID: 027A
Protocol Version: 4.34
Application Version: 1.02
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 3
Class Name: Relay Power Switch
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 10 : 01
Command Class Base: 25
Command Versions: 20v1 25v1 86v1 27v1 2Bv1 2Cv1 32v3 70v1 72v1 73v1 59v1 7Av1 5Av1 5Ev1 85v1
Encryption Status: Not Supported
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, beaming, energyMeter
Neighbors: - none -
Associations: 1:[1]
Config Values: - none -

And here's a sample of the log getting hammered by this device:

Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Porch - Sensor - Temperature" sensor update to 66.2 °F
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Porch - Sensor - Humidity" sensor update to 53%
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 41.912 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Porch - Sensor - Luminance" sensor update to 0 lux
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Porch - Sensor - Ultraviolet" sensor update to 0
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 54.022 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 48.335 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 41.993 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 47.669 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 41.832 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 46.975 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 42.074 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 46.975 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 57.146 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 47.021 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 41.872 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 47.716 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 41.792 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 47.067 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 40.639 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Porch - Sensor - Temperature" sensor update to 66.3 °F
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Porch - Sensor - Humidity" sensor update to 53%
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Porch - Sensor - Luminance" sensor update to 0 lux
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Porch - Sensor - Ultraviolet" sensor update to 0
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 47.204 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" energy total to 0.126 kWh
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 48.383 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 42.443 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 54.820 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 47.952 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 41.872 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 48.335 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 41.952 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 47.669 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 48.047 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 41.912 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 57.887 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 44.326 W
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Porch - Sensor - Temperature" sensor update to 66.3 °F
   Z-Wave                          received "Living Room Entertainment Center" power load to 47.952 W

Any way to cut down on the messages or anything? Matt? Jay?

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:54 pm
howartp offline

Re: Zooz Z-Wave Plus Smart Plug ZEN06 with 2 USB Charging Po

Ross, there’s various parameters that control the frequency of reports in the manual.

I’d expect them to be exposed in the Edit Device dialog assuming Indigo has recognised the device - are they not there?

If not, go Interfaces > Zwave > Set parameters manually (or something about parameters)

151, 152, 171, 172, 173 and 174 are the parameters - read the manual for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:41 pm
srkinard offline

Yeah...had to change Parameters 151 and 152 to 0 to make it stop

I've never changed a parameter on a device like this so I learned something new....thanks!

Ross

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:49 pm
toille27 offline

Yeah...had to change Parameters 151 and 152 to 0 to make it stop

I tried this and it didn't work. For me, the key is to change parameter 171 (power reporting frequency) to "0" and it finally shut the energy reporting down.

Manual here http://www.getzooz.com/downloads/Zooz-Z-Wave-Smart-Plug-ZEN06-Manual.pdf

Posted on
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:55 am
howartp offline

It depends on your preference.

171 will stop the “send Power every hour” report.

151 will stop the “send Power whenever it changes by ...” report, which is what I believe was filling Ross’s log when I replied last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1