Zipato RFID Keypad

Posted on
Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:02 am
Umtauscher offline

Re: Zipato RFID Keypad

Thanks for your detailed report.
I am just searching for a device like a keypas to enable and disable the alarm.
Everything else is already in place.
Cheers
Wilhem

Posted on
Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:27 pm
johnpolasek offline

Umtauscher wrote:
Thanks for your detailed report.
I am just searching for a device like a keypas to enable and disable the alarm.
Everything else is already in place.
Cheers
Wilhem

Can't help you with that one; we use geofences on our cell phones (which works fine to "arm on all devices out of zone" but isn't all that reliable on returning; usually we check and half the time manually disable through the touch App before opening the door). But if you search "presence detection", there are several plugins that can use bluetooth devices, including tiles as triggers to do whatever you like. Unless you are absolutely wedded to a Zipato formatted RFID card as your access methodology.

Posted on
Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:38 pm
Umtauscher offline

I don't want to rely on presence detection.
There are several downsides to it:
Guests or neighbours should be able to deactivate the alarm.
The reliability should be 100% which a geofence does not provide.

Posted on
Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:49 pm
johnpolasek offline

While we haven't done it, I guess we could set up more codes in the Z-Wave lock to give out to guests and service people that would cause the system arm and disarm based on the code used to set it. Other than that, I don't know if there are any other keypads that might work... perhaps now that everyone knows your specific intent, someone else might have some better suggestions.

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:12 am
GD1210 offline

There are a couple of version of this rfid device too.
The BeNext version, they initially came up with the product and zipato I believe copied it (or at least badged the version the supplier makes for BeNext)
The BeNext one works better than the zipato units I tried but neither where reliable enough to use every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:19 pm
whmoorejr offline

Umtauscher wrote:
I don't want to rely on presence detection.
There are several downsides to it:
Guests or neighbours should be able to deactivate the alarm.
The reliability should be 100% which a geofence does not provide.

In the same boat as you. I have been experimenting with several proximity detection (Geofence, FindMyiDevice, Smartphone Radar) all with varying results... none of which were 100%

For Access Control... I have been waiting on Indigo7 to see what locks would be supported. There is a bunch of testing going on.... So I'm keeping an eye on that.

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17087&start=15

For Arming / Disarming purposes.... I like the idea of using a lock or keypad to disarm... that should be possible with the integration of the new zwave locks plus the benefit of having multiple pin codes for visitors, housekeepers, neighbors, friends, pet sitter, etc.....

I would not use it as a quick arming method though..... Just because I lock the front door, I don't necessarily want the house to arm (like when I'm going to the store and the wife and kids are in the backyard)

I'm thinking just a hidden button to arm when leaving the house (my alarm keypad is not by the front door.) or just use indigo touch to arm.

Another consideration.... use something like this then add it to indigo with an insteon I/O link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EORIXKE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AABQGDQ3WSGZ0
or this one which does key fobs and cards and pin number
https://www.amazon.com/LightInTheBox-Complete-including-Electric-Proximity/dp/B01I4FN8K6/ref=sr_1_28?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1479415635&sr=1-28&keywords=HID+Proximity+card+reader

I like door strikes and mag locks because they aren't dependent on the deadbolt lining up properly to work and you can retain existing hardware.

(I did the morning linc thing for a while and it always had issues lining up with the deadbolt hole. If I adjusted it, then the door didn't seal properly... so you had to pull the door closed to lock or unlock it)

Any form of credential check at the door should work as an easy "Disarm" solution. As for arming, I'm in the same boat... still trying to figure that one out. (wife friendly). Home Remote works well and I use it on my phone for all sorts of commonly used things.... but it's up on the lock screen and the baby likes to play with it.... so.... lights -> ok. Alarm -> no.

I'm still open for options on arming my system.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:33 pm
krissh offline

I have a simple button by the door. If pressed, the system is armed and set to away mode when the front door closes within 5 minutes OR system is armed after 5 minutes if front door is not closed (away mode will not be set, this is for arming when home).
If the button is forgotten I have the following logic: If it is daytime AND no motion last X minutes AND no phones present AND no lights operated for X minutes, the system is set to away mode and armed..

Posted on
Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:38 pm
johnpolasek offline

I don't think anything's going to be 100% until and unless we come up with some way for the computer to read the brain patterns of everyone in the area, and that's a long way off. Currently I'm going with validated BLE beacons (currently, a fitbit, 2 android phones and half a dozen tiles) in the PiBeacon plugin that arm the system whenever none of the valid beacons are within 100 ft of the rPis and disarm it as soon as a beacon approaches, with an override on the control page from Indigo client, Touch, or web interface... I am hoping (once Howard gets done with the PIN code setting in the Z-wave locks) to add another bypass option based on specific PINs that I would give out to guests, repairmen and exterminators, etc that could be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed.

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:47 am
mat offline

Has anyone tested this with I7?

Just wondered if it would work from raw zwave?

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:15 pm
krissh offline

Hi,

I've done some tests and managed to (sort of) get it working via raw z-wave commands. I've then asked howartp to include support in the Zwave Lock Manager plugin, which he kindly did. I've written a small instruction here

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:07 am
mat offline

Great - what have you got working and not - was looking to purchase one and try the same.

cheers

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:45 pm
krissh offline

Did you see my post over in the zwave lock manager forum? All functions are working and one can trigger on setting "home"/"away" both using code and RFID tags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:55 am
mat offline

Thanks, no missed the post - I should learn to read closely! :mrgreen:

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:15 am
MacDefender offline

Since today I also own a Zipato Door Control and I7 sucessfully synced it. It even shows the correct Icon with Unlock/Lock but I can't get it to work.

If I press the Home or Away buttons on the Device and place the RFID-Tag in front of it the Log shows this Z-Wave traffic.

Home-Event:
Code: Select all
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestReply1: 01 14 00 04 00 5D 0E 63 03 00 00 8F F4 91 B3 66 50 01 04 00 00 B6 (hex)
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD nodeAwake: 01 08 00 04 00 5D 02 84 07 2F
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  nodeAwake: node 093
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT requestBatteryLevel: 01 09 00 13 5D 02 80 02 25 AA B7
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  nodeAwake: inhibit count++ to 1
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  nodeAwake: started inhibit sleep timer
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestBatteryLevel: 01 09 00 04 00 5D 03 80 03 64 4B
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  requestBatteryLevel: node 093, level 100
   Z-Wave                          received "093 - Entry Control" status update battery level 100%
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  nodeAwake: inhibit count-- to 0
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  nodeAwake: stopping inhibit sleep timer
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT goToSleep: 01 09 00 13 5D 02 84 08 24 AB B9
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD packet: 01 05 00 13 AB 00 42 (hex)

Away-Event:
Code: Select all
  Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestReply1: 01 14 00 04 00 5D 0E 63 03 00 00 8F F4 91 B3 66 50 01 04 00 00 B6 (hex)
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD nodeAwake: 01 08 00 04 00 5D 02 84 07 2F
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  nodeAwake: node 093
   Z-Wave Debug                    . . . . . . . : skipping battery check (next check in 717 mins)
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT goToSleep: 01 09 00 13 5D 02 84 08 24 AC BE
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD packet: 01 05 00 13 AC 00 45 (hex)

Is this a known problem with this device or the device not supported at the moment? Or is my device with firmware version 0.28 not compatible?

Posted on
Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:51 am
krissh offline

Did you see the post/instructions I linked to a few posts up in this thread? :)