[ANSWERED] 1. Read in celsius 2. Variable wake interval

Posted on
Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:05 pm
thomasw offline

Re: [ANSWERED] 1. Read in celsius 2. Variable wake interval

Thank you autolog,
I removed the °F from the conversion update to the variable, and now the Trigger can read the temp.
Now, I have it doing exactly what I need.
Of course if Fibaro would just FIX their US version to display in Fahrenheit by default, this would be much easier!
But, that's another story.........
Thanks,
-Tom

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:37 am
sgbirch offline

sgbirch wrote:
Any news on the variable wake interval request? This would allow for a short wake interval during the day and long at night to save batteries.

Is the variable wake interval included in version 7? It has been on the list since 2014!

Steve

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:55 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Didn't make it into 7.0 but still on the request list.

Posted on
Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:33 am
sgbirch offline

I have many years Python experience but no experience with your API. Do you think this could be written as a plugin, I could have a go at that.

I am really surprised others aren't asking for this .. it seems like the perfect way to have both responsiveness AND long battery life, by having a long wake interval at night and short during the day. My own application is controlling radiator valves which need to come alive quickly after an occupant calls for heat. But at night when we are all asleep they only need to wake every couple of hours.

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Because of a new feature in Indigo 7, I think you can probably do it without a plugin or scripting. Try creating a Schedule (for when you want the wake interval changed), and use the Z-Wave Action -> Send Raw Z-Wave Command type. After you select your target device that is battery operated Indigo should show a new Send Mode option – select the Wait for Awake Notification menu item (that is the new 7.0 feature).

The format for the payload should look like this:

0x84
0x04
(interval >> 16) & 0xFF
(interval >> 8) & 0xFF
interval & 0xFF
0x01

So for example use this to set it to 10 minutes (600 seconds: 2 * 256 + 88):

0x84 0x04 0 2 88 0x01

And use this to set it to 1 hours (3600 seconds: 14*256 + 16)

0x84 0x04 0 14 16 0x01

Because this is a raw command Indigo won't reflect the new state in its device settings UI for the module, but I think it should work regardless.

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:24 pm
sgbirch offline

Thank you Matt, I'll give this a try and let you know in the morning (it's 4am here).

Could you guys please seriously consider looking at this issue. Anybody with battery devices would benefit significantly from the ability to set wake up interval from a schedule. Frankly I am amazed this has been outstanding for so many years, it really doesn't look like a difficult feature to add.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:48 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I do think it is an interesting feature (it is definitely on the feature list), but I think I can count on 2 fingers how many users have requested it.

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:06 am
sgbirch offline

matt (support) wrote:
I do think it is an interesting feature (it is definitely on the feature list), but I think I can count on 2 fingers how many users have requested it.

Ok Matt, I understand completely. In the world of software triage user demand is king.

Thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk