UZB - FW 5.0.6 released, backup / restore fully supported.

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:31 pm
shapa offline

UZB - FW 5.0.6 released, backup / restore fully supported.

Still using UZB (Gen5), way ahead of Aeon sticks.

Z-wave network with 200+ devices is rock-solid-stable (mixture of z and z-plus devices). Nearly impossible with Aeon.

New FW released regularly. No issues with drivers - CDC class, built-in in MacOS X. No issues with reboot.

Last updates - full backup / restore and migration between sticks supported as well as some improvements made.

Posted on
Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:42 am
autolog offline

Re: UZB - FW 5.0.6 released, backup / restore fully supporte

Hi Shapa,
This is very interesting. :D

I have two of these (purchased some time ago with the express reason of being able to do a backup of restore and have one in hot standby). As I suspect my existing Z-Stick may be suffering from battery problems I think I may need to address this sooner rather than later. :|

How do you include / exclude devices on them? Does it need windows software?

Do you have to have a license for them and if so will one license cover two sticks or do you have to have two licenses?
Also, where do you get the licenses from - I am in the UK.

Thanks for any help :)

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:52 am
shapa offline

Re: UZB - FW 5.0.6 released, backup / restore fully supporte

Hi

1 license == 1 stick. The license is really cheap to buy online (I did it on ebay), delivered in 10 minutes.

( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Z-WAVE-ME-Z-Way ... 1646628934 - I contacted seller to ask to send the license by email )

I'm using RaZberry ( http://razberry.z-wave.me/index.php?id=24 ) to include / exclude / heal / backup / restore / firmware and bootloader upgrade - version 2 is quite advanced. much more deep z-wave functionality (especially manual control of secure / insecure inclusion).

Hopefully at least some functionality will be included in Indigo7.

BTW z-wave network map (built-in in RaZberry) is an excellent tool as well - you can see all intercommunications / signal levels at a single page.

So you need cheap raspberry, + free software (RaZberry). In case you've got some portable USB battery (plenty of choices) + USB wifi (~5$) on ebay, you can actually "replace" inclusion button on Aeon with much better control on the process.

Basically, RaZberry works as an extremely cool diagnostic / troubleshooting solution - I'd say 90% of "deep-dive" functionality is missing in Indigo6 :)

Page 1 of 1