DSC Alarm Plugin (Locked)

Posted on
Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 am
travisc offline

Re: DSC Alarm Plugin

paulretlas wrote:
Having a DSC1832 installed and the installer told me a TL-250 comes with it. Will this work module work? I was unclear after reading that other poster's comment.

No support for the TL-250 yet. I don't have one of those to work with, I'll leave that up to someone else to add. Personally, I prefer the TL-150 serial option, this use case is exactly what it was designed for. The TL-250 is designed more to provide a web interface to the alarm system, not so much to integrate it with software. It can be done, but there would be compromises.

Also, has the "Stay" feature been fixed for the TL-150/250?

Not from what I've heard.

Posted on
Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:00 am
paulretlas offline

Thanks for the reply.

It turns out that the TL-250 is not included. So I can place whatever module I choose.

I was checking out the IP100D from Eyez-on and they show "Stay" mode compatibility and since it's the same module as the 150, perhaps it can also support a stay mode?

Thanks for your help.

Posted on
Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:17 am
travisc offline

paulretlas wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

It turns out that the TL-250 is not included. So I can place whatever module I choose.

I was checking out the IP100D from Eyez-on and they show "Stay" mode compatibility and since it's the same module as the 150, perhaps it can also support a stay mode?

Thanks for your help.

It might, but it's still a TCP module based module that spews the data out to a web page, not supported by this plugin. Only the IT-100 serial module is currently supported, and in my opinion is the best way to go. Trying to extend this plugin to work with TCP modules is possible, but there are many compromises. They are designed to interface with a human via a web page. For this plugin to work with those modules it has to pretend to be a web browser, and constantly refresh and parse the page to watch for updates. It also wouldn't provide anywhere near as much information to the plugin as the IT-100 module does.

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:35 pm
bbruck offline

I'm dreaming of the day when some wonderful soul makes one of these plugins for the Ademco alarms!

Posted on
Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:18 am
jcoopers offline

Travis,

Want to thank you for developing this plugin. I set everthing up this past weekend and it works flawlessly. Using the DSC Plug-along with the IT-100 probably saved me as much as $500.00 dollar while giving me more functionality.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:08 pm
paulretlas offline

Is the only option for accessing the device through a USB/serial adapter directly to the PC?

Is there a work around if the panel is located too far away from your PC?

Posted on
Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 pm
peppop offline

paulretlas wrote:
Is the only option for accessing the device through a USB/serial adapter directly to the PC?

Is there a work around if the panel is located too far away from your PC?

Run a 4 conductor wire from the alarm to the PC, and connect the IT100 near the PC.

Posted on
Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:02 pm
eme jota ce offline

Great plugin!

I went to the DSC site to look at the systems.

Is the Alexor system a "power" system that would be compatible with this plugin?

http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=products&o=view&id=53

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:10 pm
peppop offline

eme jota ce wrote:
Great plugin!

I went to the DSC site to look at the systems.

Is the Alexor system a "power" system that would be compatible with this plugin?

http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=products&o=view&id=53

Thanks

NO The Alexor does not have a key bus, so the IT-100 will not connect.

Posted on
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:29 pm
nadeaup offline

Hey Travisc, nice job on this plug-in. I am trying to get it working with a PC-5401. I have been using the DSC scrip and Serial bridge to date without problems.

However I get an error when trying yo use it with this plugin. I get a thread error and the status does not update on the device page either.

Has anyone reported it working yet with the 5401? Do you need me to send you some debug message?

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 am
nadeaup offline

Well assuming you will need it.. Here is what's in the logs..

Jul 22, 2011 10:50:27 AM
DSC Alarm Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 91, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/DSC Alarm.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/DSC.py", line 594, in startComm
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serial/serialutil.py", line 147, in readline
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serial/serialposix.py", line 452, in read
<type 'exceptions.OSError'>: (35, 'Resource temporarily unavailable')

DSC Alarm Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds

Jul 22, 2011 10:50:42 AM
Reloading plugin "DSC Alarm 0.9.3"
Stopping plugin "DSC Alarm 0.9.3" (pid 225)
Plugin "DSC Alarm" disconnected
Starting plugin "DSC Alarm 0.9.3"
Plugin "DSC Alarm" connected
Plugin "DSC Alarm 0.9.3" started
Schedule Start AirFoil (delayed action)
Error script error: Airfoil got an error: Can’t get speaker "House Page". (-1728)
DSC Alarm Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 91, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/DSC Alarm.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/DSC.py", line 594, in startComm
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serial/serialutil.py", line 147, in readline
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serial/serialposix.py", line 459, in read
<class 'serial.serialutil.SerialException'>: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected?)

DSC Alarm Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:20 am
nadeaup offline

I believe the USB Serial adapter is working fine..

USB-Serial Controller:

Product ID: 0x2303
Vendor ID: 0x067b (Prolific Technology, Inc.)
Version: 3.00
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Prolific Technology Inc.
Location ID: 0x06200000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100

Posted on
Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:16 am
peppop offline

travisc
I'm having a problem with the plug-in.
When the alarm is triggered the zone and keypad go in to a trigger state, and stay in that state even if i disarm. The only way to get out of trigger state is to reload the plugin.
Is there a way to make an action to reload the plugin?

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:25 pm
nadeaup offline

I resolved my issue... LION broke my USB to Serial adapter. I downloaded and install the newest prolifics drive for snow leopard - and it worked for my Lion setup!

Nice plug in!!!

Posted on
Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 pm
EBattBSON offline

Hey guys,

I was considering a DSC security system prior to the DSC plugin for Indigo 5.X. Now it's closer to a done deal. However, this will be my first attempt at an install and I have a few questions using this setup. With the Indigo plugin, will the DSC system be configured using only the Indigo interface, or will I still have to go through some of the initial programming steps using the DSC keypads? Once configured, will I be able to mimic the functions of the DSC keypads using a control page of my own design within Indigo (similar to what I've done with Indigo and the Insteon keypads)?

Thanks,

Eric