Plugin's Indigo 7 future and DSC TL280 compatibility

Posted on
Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:06 am
Tac offline

Plugin's Indigo 7 future and DSC TL280 compatibility

I see in the changelog that compatibility updates were necessary even for newer 6 beta version, but I haven't seen any developer activity for over a year. With 7 coming soon and possible larger changes, is dropped support for DSC integration a possibility?

Does anyone know if DSC TL280 module can be used instead of IT-100?

Posted on
Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:15 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Plugin's Indigo 7 future and DSC TL280 compatibility

Tac wrote:
Does anyone know if DSC TL280 module can be used instead of IT-100?

I don't think so. That unit implements an encrypted link to an alarm monitoring station, to replace a POTS line or cell modem. It's not a local integration interface.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:25 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Tac wrote:
I see in the changelog that compatibility updates were necessary even for newer 6 beta version, but I haven't seen any developer activity for over a year. With 7 coming soon and possible larger changes, is dropped support for DSC integration a possibility?

We (Indigo developers) are doing our best to make sure any Indigo 7 changes don't break existing plugins. If any changes are required they should be minor, so I don't believe this plugin (or any other popular plugin) is in danger of not being compatible with Indigo 7.

Posted on
Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:37 am
Tac offline

matt (support) wrote:
Tac wrote:

We (Indigo developers) are doing our best to make sure any Indigo 7 changes don't break existing plugins. If any changes are required they should be minor, so I don't believe this plugin (or any other popular plugin) is in danger of not being compatible with Indigo 7.

That is good to know, thank you.

Now, it seems that DSC PowerSeries controllers are EOL. Does anyone have experience with connecting Indigo to the PowerSeries Neo HS line of controllers?

Posted on
Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:20 pm
berkinet offline

Tac wrote:
...Now, it seems that DSC PowerSeries controllers are EOL. Does anyone have experience with connecting Indigo to the PowerSeries Neo HS line of controllers?

You might check out the AD2* products at AlarmDecoder.com. They support the DSC panels (though I am not sure about the Neo HS) and work with the AD2USB plugin.

Posted on
Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:57 pm
Tac offline

I've done some research and it seems that DSC locked their bus so no 3rd party support is possible on the Neo series :(

Posted on
Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:14 am
durosity offline

Bummer. Is it not possible at all to get the older series? Or, possibly one of the vista panels and a AD2USB adapter paired with berkinets plugin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:12 am
Tac offline

It is possible, but as I mentioned in the other thread it is EOL with potential warranty problems and new sensors incompatibility, especially the wireless ones. Can't seem to find Vista panels in my region.

Posted on
Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:19 am
durosity offline

Yeah. Do you need wireless modules? If it's all wired it's much less of a stresser.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:50 pm
howartp offline

I wonder if the Neo TL280 or TL280(R) would be usable.

"Internet Alarm Communicator"

Both have Ethernet IP connection to your LAN, plus the (R) version has an RS232 port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:58 pm
durosity offline

I was wondering that, but I can't seem to find if there's and API for it for the use we'd want.. A cursory glance through the reference manual seems to suggest it's only for use with communications with a monitoring station. http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=23358

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:12 pm
durosity offline

Interesting, I've just been having a read around about the neo series. Apparently the PC18xx series is still in production and isn't due to end for several years. Are you sure they can't source brand new panels on them?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:25 am
Gusten offline

Hi

I found a PDF were an instruction to integrate NEO to an Exaqvision server (CCTV) using the TL-280

https://www.exacq.com/support/manspecs/ (Look under integration guides)

Reading this i think its must be possible to use the TL-280 and make it communicate with Indigo some how.

I altso read in the TL-280 manual, that the RS-422 Connection is for "3rd party device" so it dont seems like DSC wants to stop any integration?

Just wanted to make this avalible for everyone here hoping some plugin genius will make a plugin some day supporting the NEO

/Martin

Page 1 of 1