Receiving Plugin Update Email.... 700+ times/day

Posted on
Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:40 am
whmoorejr offline

Receiving Plugin Update Email.... 700+ times/day

I'm receiving this email between 700 to 750x per day....

"Subject: DSC Alarm Indigo Plugin Update

Message: This is a minor bug release for the DSC Alarm Plugin.

The changes are:
- A bug causing the plugin to crash when using the "Alarm Armed by User Code" event was fixed.

The plugin has now been moved to GitHub so other users can contribute if they'd like.

The update can be downloaded from the GitHub page. Click the "Download ZIP" button on the right side of the page.
https://github.com/IndigoDomotics/DSC-Alarm

This email was sent to you by Indigo at the request of the plugin. You will only be emailed once per release. To disable these emails see the plugin's config."

I'm on the newest release (I think) v.1.5.4 and I (just now) turned off all email notifications.

Other weird things.... I only see the emails in my gmail sent folder. The email is addressed to my @me.com email address. (I did not use the @me in the configuration setting... gmail --> gmail). What is generating this email?

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:49 am
travisc offline

Re: Receiving Plugin Update Email.... 700+ times/day

Really? If you view Indigo's log does it show the plugin checking for updates that often? It's only supposed to check once per day.

Let's see if the emails stop now that you shut down notifications, let me know.

Posted on
Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:14 am
whmoorejr offline

Something else odd....
The email I'm getting is from my personal Gmail to my personal Cloud mail (Gmail --> Me.com)

My current indigo setup I'm using a unique email.... ZipCode.Indigo@gmail.com and in the plugin I have it set to send to my personal Gmail with different subject lines than what I was receiving... Urgent Email Subject: "Alarm Tripped". Notice Email Subject: "Notice Email".

and like I mentioned before... it is all over my "Sent folder", but not showing up in my @me inbox (apple spam filtering?)

Bill

Posted on
Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:52 am
travisc offline

Ya that's strange. Any emails sent from the plugin should definitely be coming from the email used in the Indigo prefs as the plugin does indeed use Indigo's built in email facility. The update emails will have their own subject though, not the one you set in the prefs of the plugin.

I haven't updated the plugin in quite a while so I'm not sure what would have started this.

You don't happen to have strange forwarding rules set in your .me or gmail accounts do you?

Posted on
Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:51 pm
whmoorejr offline

Found the culprit.... Still working on fixing it.....

I booted up my old macmini server a couple of weeks ago.... thinking about re-purposing it as a CCTV something.... anyway, I guess it auto-booted indigo server and was running in the background. I opened up Indigo and opened the log file and there it was.... about every 20 seconds.... Disabling then Reloading the plugin:

Reloading plugin "DSC Alarm 1.5.3"
Starting plugin "DSC Alarm 1.5.3" (pid 23392)
DSC Alarm Log level preferences are set to "Normal".
Started plugin "DSC Alarm 1.5.3"
DSC Alarm Error You are running v1.5.3. A newer version, v1.5.4 is available.
DSC Alarm Emailing the user about the new version.
DSC Alarm Initializing communication at address: 10.0.6.100:4025
DSC Alarm Error Connection RX Error: connection failed ((54, 'Connection reset by peer'))
DSC Alarm Error Connection TX Error: socket connection failed: (32, 'Broken pipe')
Error plugin "DSC Alarm 1.5.3" (pid 23392) unexpectedly stopped -- restarting in 20 seconds
Schedule Time Stamper
Disabling plugin "DSC Alarm 1.5.3"

This probably explains why some of my other stuff has been acting buggy the past few days or so.

So.... false alarm.... user error.... your plugin is back to being a total rock star. :)

Bill

Posted on
Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:18 pm
travisc offline

That'll do it. Maybe I should store the time it last updated in the persistent data so it remembers after a restart.

Thanks for the update. Glad you sorted it out!

Page 1 of 1