Recommend DSC Wireless Alarm?

Posted on
Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:07 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Recommend DSC Wireless Alarm?

Hoping someone could recommend the least expensive DSC wireless alarm system that
would have a wireless control keypad, support at least a dozen wireless sensors and
be able to communicate with Indigo/plugin using the Envisalink 3, the one
that connects using Ethernet.

Really appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:33 am
howartp offline

Re: Recommend DSC Wireless Alarm?

PC1832 and RFK5500 is the two main bits you need - the panel and the wireless keypad - plus the Envisalink.

That gives you the brains, the Envisalink, 8 local wired zones and 24-32 RF zones (max total of wired and RF is 32).

Then you'd need cabinet, PSU, Battery, bell and RF modules appropriate to your situation.

The keypad has to be cabled into the 1832; I don't think there's a way around that.

Posted on
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:37 am
howartp offline

howartp wrote:
The keypad has to be cabled into the 1832; I don't think there's a way around that.

I lied.

If this is a necessity, you need TR5164 transceiver - which is cabled in - then WT5500 keypad instead which is wireless.

Peter

Posted on
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:42 am
durosity offline

Just remember though wireless motion modules aren't recommended for triggering actions if that's your plan (there was a posting about it on travis's forum if you want to read more about it)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:52 am
berkinet offline

durosity wrote:
Just remember though wireless motion modules aren't recommended for triggering actions...

just to note... this is not specific to the DSC panels. The Honewell/Ademco/Vista panels are similar. To be sure, you will get the trigger. But, panel overhead plus anti-falsing (dogs and cats) technologies in the sensor add a noticable delay. Depending on your application this may not be a problem. YMMV

Posted on
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:12 pm
CFSS offline

The main issue with wireless (any makes) is motion sensors. Contacts/vibration/smoke/etc are nearly as good as the wired equivalent - better in some cases. However wireless motion sensors (PIR's) have 2 issues. First a transmission delay is normally present to allow perimeter points to get signals in first. This delay could be as long as 5 seconds - no good if you want to bring lights on! The second issue with motion sensors is battery saving. When activated the detector will signal, and then shut down for 2-5 minutes. Again, this can cause problems with automation applications.

The Security Store
Web: https://www.thesecuritystore.uk.com - contact us before purchases for trade rates/discounts!

Posted on
Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:02 pm
Seeker offline

I use my DSC wireless motion sensors for occupancy sensors. There is a few second delay, but the reliability and battery life are worth it for me.

Page 1 of 1