Keypad Chime function

Posted on
Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:32 pm
durosity offline

Keypad Chime function

I noticed that in v1.5.0 'The keypad now has a Chime state to keep track of the current state of the keypad's chime (enabled or disabled).’.. is this the door chime feature? If so regardless of setting it on or off it always displays a 0 for me. Any ideas or am i confusing this with something else?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:43 pm
durosity offline

Re: Keypad Chime function

In case it’s any use here’s the intense debug log of me turning the feature on then off:

Code: Select all
  WebServer                       request to execute "iPad Alarm" control #29 from 31.52.221.76
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Received Send Keypress Action
  DSC Alarm Debug                 TX: 070cFA

DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 5000702C
  DSC Alarm Debug                 ACK for cmd 070.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 9040012E
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Beep Status
  DSC Alarm Debug                 TX: 070^F5

DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90100032System is       Ready to Arm  <>E2
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LCD Update, Line 1:'System is      ' Line 2:' Ready to Arm   '
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine1 for keypad on partition 0 to System is      .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine2 for keypad on partition 0 to  Ready to Arm   .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 8411CE
  DSC Alarm                       Trouble Status Restore (LED OFF). (Partition 1)
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90310FD
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LED 'Ready' is 'off'.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDReady for keypad on partition 0 to off.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 9035001
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LED 'Trouble' is 'off'.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDTrouble for keypad on partition 0 to off.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90100032System is       Ready to Arm    A8
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LCD Update, Line 1:'System is       ' Line 2:'Ready to Arm    '
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine1 for keypad on partition 0 to System is       .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine2 for keypad on partition 0 to Ready to Arm    .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90400330
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6731D1
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Partition 1 Busy.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 8401CD
  DSC Alarm                       Trouble Status (LED ON). (Partition 1)
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90311FE
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LED 'Ready' is 'on'.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDReady for keypad on partition 0 to on.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 9035102
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LED 'Trouble' is 'on'.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDTrouble for keypad on partition 0 to on.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90100032Door Chime      Feature ON      32
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LCD Update, Line 1:'Door Chime      ' Line 2:'Feature ON      '
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine1 for keypad on partition 0 to Door Chime      .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine2 for keypad on partition 0 to Feature ON      .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LCD Update, Line 1:'System is      ' Line 2:' Ready to Arm   '
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine1 for keypad on partition 0 to System is      .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine2 for keypad on partition 0 to  Ready to Arm   .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 6501CC
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Partition 1 Ready
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90100032  Date     Time SEP 19/13  7:43p29
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LCD Update, Line 1:'  Date     Time ' Line 2:'SEP 19/13  7:43p'
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine1 for keypad on partition 0 to   Date     Time .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine2 for keypad on partition 0 to SEP 19/13  7:43p.
  WebServer                       request to execute "iPad Alarm" control #29 from 31.52.221.76
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Received Send Keypress Action
  DSC Alarm Debug                 TX: 070cFA

DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 9040012E
  DSC Alarm Debug                 TX: 070^F5

DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90600130
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Buzzer Status
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90100032Door Chime      Feature OFF     50
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LCD Update, Line 1:'Door Chime      ' Line 2:'Feature OFF     '
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine1 for keypad on partition 0 to Door Chime      .
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LCDLine2 for keypad on partition 0 to Feature OFF     .

(Also just in case it’s relevant it’s stating trouble on partition 1 because one of the keypads was smashed to smithereens.. uh.. long story)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:00 pm
travisc offline

Looks like you're using the IT-100 interface. I don't see it sending the 907 (chime status) command anywhere in there. Hmmm. From the manual, the only way that should happen is if the Virtual Keypad is disabled.

Can you setup an action to test the Send Keypress command? This will confirm the virtual keypad is enabled. If it is, then I don't know it's not sending the status. If it isn't working for you then I may have to enable it at startup.

Let me know.

Posted on
Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:27 pm
durosity offline

Yeah that’s how i was sending the command to switch on/off the door chime feature. It might be that my panel is very old (PC5008.. precursor to the PC834) so it might not send that command itself. I’ve got a shiny ‘new’ PC834 v2.96 sitting waiting to be installed.. i’ll try installing this weekend and see i that sends the 907 status. (and yes you’re right, it’s a IT-100)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:24 pm
durosity offline

Right well.. it's only taken me about 2 years to be able to test this.. (i've been busy!) but alas i'm still having the same issue. If i enable the door chime status it shows:

Code: Select all
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90310FD
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LED 'Ready' is 'off'.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDReady for keypad on partition 0 to off.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 9036103
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LED 'Program' is 'on'.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 90311FE
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LED 'Ready' is 'on'.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 Updating state LEDReady for keypad on partition 0 to on.
  DSC Alarm Debug                 RX: 9036002
  DSC Alarm Debug                 LED 'Program' is 'off'.

But unfortunately no status change on the device panel. Since my last post my entire Indigo setup and DSC alarm setup has changed. New database, new alarm board (DSC PC5015 v2.82.. old but works.. though i've also tried a slightly broken DSC PC1832 v4.0 board and it had the exact same thing) Any ideas?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:54 pm
Monstergerm offline

Durosity,
did you ever get the chime keypad states to update properly? I think the IT-100 does not support this. The keypad states are being updated via command 663 and 664, and I don't see those being sent by the IT-100.

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:20 pm
durosity offline

No i never did actually but kinda forgot about it! I'll test it when I have a chance to test the disarm by switch trigger function.

I may just end up replacing the IT100 with an Envisalink.. when I got the IT100 it seemed to be the most logical option but things have moved on and I'd love to be able to use features like the zone bypass that doesn't work with the IT100 either.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:37 pm
travisc offline

The feature the IT-100 still has going for it is a true virtual keypad LCD that shows all the same messages a hardware one does. The Envisalink only sends date/time messages every four minutes, it doesn't send the LCD messages at all.

If you use a virtual keypad at all that can be a bummer.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:04 am
durosity offline

Hmm yeah I do use that actually. I assume there's no way to have both enabled at the same time?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:38 am
travisc offline

No. One or the other.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:55 am
durosity offline

I suppose theoretically i could modify the plugin to run as a separate instance then have two copies of it running, then use one for one feature and one for the others. From a control page it'd seem like they were one device.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:09 pm
Monstergerm offline

I think in theory you could add an IT-100 and an Envisalink to the DSC panel keypad bus. Someone on the Envisalink forum asked the question about adding two EVLs and they said it should work. However, they cautioned about power requirements. Our alarm system is very big and we had to add additional power boards to support all those keypads etc. I am also wondering about keybus buffer overruns if the IT-100 and EVL are sending/receiving at the same time.
I think the virtual keypad is great for seeing all those physical keypad messages but otherwise the EVL and a nicely built control page gives you so much more control over your alarm system.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:48 pm
durosity offline

Yeah I don't foresee any issues of having both an envisalink and a IT100 at the same time, from a power point of view anyway. I've been very careful in building the system to distribute the power requirements evenly and installed additional PC5204 modules to balance it all out. Each 'level' only uses about 1/2 the maximum amp output so plenty of room for expansion should I need it (which in all fairness I probably won't.. but it's nice to have the option without too much jiggery pokery)

As for conflicts.. well that's an unknown.. but my hope is if I set it up so that the virtual keypad was all the IT100 did and the EVSL did the rest it'd cope. I guess we'll see.. of course no chance of me getting the envisalink any time soon, just had my quarterly gadget budget wiped out by another 3TB HD failing in my DroboPro.. thank you very much seagate. :evil:

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1