Smartphone Radar - Smartphone presence detection (Locked)

Posted on
Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:24 pm
bluehouse offline

Re: Smartphone Radar - Smartphone presence detection (Update

OK, I installed the Smartphone Radar upgrade v1.1.2 successfully on Indigo 6. I ended up entering the link to you fright ideas web site directly in my browser to download it. I'm not sure if my browser kept defaulting to some outdated, cached version or what. Also, I cannot verify whether the other link to your plugin accessed directly from the Perceptive Automation User Contribution Library is loads the latest version or not. Anyway, it's going now so I am happy.

Thanks again for a great product.

Posted on
Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:21 am
travisc offline

It appears the version available in the contributions library is out of date. I can't really update that on my own, have to re-submit every time, hmmm. I'll ask Jay to remove the link or point it to my website so it'll stay up to date automatically.

Posted on
Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 am
McJohn offline

Hi,

Does anybody has the tip of the day:?

Indigo 6B7
SPR 1.1.2
Airport Base Extreme

4 iPhones with iOS 6.1.3.

2 iPhones 5 are working great with SPR, really great!
2 iPhones (a 5 and a 4s) are very random recognized by SPR (and are random away).

I deleted the network settings on both iPhones but that does't fix the problem.
I refresh the DHCP lease on both iPhones but that does't fix the problem.
The iPhones have almost the same software. The 4s from my daughter is very active with Whatsapp and Twitter (so are daughters :-) )
but when the 4s is not used for 10 minutes (forbidden at the table :-) ), her iPhone is gone at SPR....

How is it possible that one iPhone 5 the whole night will be recognized by SPR and the other iPhone 5 with exactly the same settings and software
is still gone at the night (my wives...).
What I saw at my wives iPhone is when I activate her iPhone, the network sign in the menu switches fast from 3G to Wifi....

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards from the Netherlands,

John

Posted on
Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 am
Dewster35 offline

John,
The first step I would do is to take a look at iTunes when you sync the two phones that aren't working and make sure you've got the check box checked for "Sync this phone over WIFI". That solved my issues and solved issues of others with iphones that have seen similar behavior. Not sure why that is the case, but I guess the iphone just isn't chatty enough unless it is also looking for an itunes server.

McJohn wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody has the tip of the day:?

Indigo 6B7
SPR 1.1.2
Airport Base Extreme

4 iPhones with iOS 6.1.3.

2 iPhones 5 are working great with SPR, really great!
2 iPhones (a 5 and a 4s) are very random recognized by SPR (and are random away).

I deleted the network settings on both iPhones but that does't fix the problem.
I refresh the DHCP lease on both iPhones but that does't fix the problem.
The iPhones have almost the same software. The 4s from my daughter is very active with Whatsapp and Twitter (so are daughters :-) )
but when the 4s is not used for 10 minutes (forbidden at the table :-) ), her iPhone is gone at SPR....

How is it possible that one iPhone 5 the whole night will be recognized by SPR and the other iPhone 5 with exactly the same settings and software
is still gone at the night (my wives...).
What I saw at my wives iPhone is when I activate her iPhone, the network sign in the menu switches fast from 3G to Wifi....

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards from the Netherlands,

John

Posted on
Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:02 am
McJohn offline

Dewster, you are my super hero today!
That works!
(after testing 24 hours)

I thought that I had changed all the iTunes settings (iCloud, etc) on the iPhone but I didn't know it was an iTunes setting on the Mac..).

Thank you very much!

John

Posted on
Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:18 pm
stoffergoffer offline

I'm having some problems with this plugin. When I trying, my iPhone is detected as away pretty fast, but it isn't detected as home unless i reload the plugin. I am using wifi sync.
I'm using Indigo beta 7 with an Iphone 5 on 6.1.3.

Also where do you see the syslog in indigo? I cant see it in the event log?

Posted on
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 pm
c64 offline

I'm curious if this should work for Laptops connecting to the network also? I have it working for my phones, and it's most awesome (thank you Travis!). I entered the mac address for my MacBook as a "Smartphone" as a test, but its "state" remains as 0.

The reason I would like to do this is to trigger the powering up/down of a TimeCapsule, in attempt to reduce unnecessary wifi signals around the house.

Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 am
travisc offline

c64 wrote:
I'm curious if this should work for Laptops connecting to the network also?

It should work with any device that connects to the network. If you are using a non-apple router with Syslog you have to make sure the laptop is accessing the internet regularly so it doesn't become away. With Apple routers it should be shown as home as long as the laptop's WiFi is enabled.

Posted on
Sat May 18, 2013 4:04 am
philc offline

Travis,
I think B8 broke something, because now my log is FULL of Smartphone Radar messages:

Smartphone Radar Watching for smartphone 'Melissa's iPhone' at address 'c8:6f:1d:c9:f3:bf'.
Smartphone Radar Watching for smartphone 'Philip's iPhone' at address '60:c5:47:76:cf:95'.
Smartphone Radar Watching for smartphone 'Melissa's iPhone' at address 'c8:6f:1d:c9:f3:bf'.
Smartphone Radar Watching for smartphone 'Philip's iPhone' at address '60:c5:47:76:cf:95'.

Debugging is turned off in the plugin. Only way to stop the messages is to disable the plugin altogether. The messages populate about every two seconds....
Thanks,
Phil

Posted on
Sat May 18, 2013 6:43 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Phil (and Travis),

Yes, something change in b8 that is causing an incompatibility. I'm looking it now. I'll get Travis more info ASAP.

Posted on
Sat May 18, 2013 6:57 am
travisc offline

Hi guys,

Ok I'll fix it as soon as I get the info. :)

Thanks

Posted on
Sun May 19, 2013 7:55 pm
travisc offline

A new version of Smartphone Radar that is compatible with Indigo 6 Beta 8 has been released. See post 1 of this thread for the download link.

Thanks for figuring this one out Matt! :)

Posted on
Mon May 27, 2013 11:12 pm
kw123 offline

-- Applescript:
-- do a ping and see if device is present, example here has 3 ip numbers to ping. if one answers, someone is home, if none answers set away flag etc
-- works with every router, no other prerequisites
--
-- ping the IP numbers several times, if not successful increment ip_devices_not_online_minutes in indigo
-- in indigo:
-- ... create variable ip_devices_not_online_minutes
-- ... create variable ip_devices_No_of_devices_to_look_for and set to number of devices to look for
-- ... create variable ip_devices_IP_of_devices_to_look_for and fill with IP number separated by space eg "192.168.1.122 192.168.1.125 192.168.1.134" without the quotes
-- ... put this file into a folder on your mac and in scheduler set once a minute execute as apple script file, do not use embedded, as indigo will "stop" / wait for this to end
-- ... create a trigger if ip_devices_not_online_minutes > 60 ( for 60 minutes) then set e.g. away_mode = 1 ...
-- works ok if the iphone/other devices are not asleep
-- must / should set DHCP IP number fixed in router for pinged devices
-- Karl Wachs
-- v 1.5
-- changed to loop structure
-- may 28, 2013
--
-- use basic post from http://macstuff.beachdogs.org/blog/?p=34 for ping and error capture

tell application "IndigoServer"
set ip_devices_not_online_minutes to (get value of variable "ip_devices_not_online_minutes")
set No_of_devices_to_look_for to (get value of variable "ip_devices_No_of_devices_to_look_for")
set ip_devices to (get value of variable "ip_devices_IP_of_devices_to_look_for")
end tell

set devices_failed to 0

set NN to 0
repeat while NN < No_of_devices_to_look_for
set done to 1
set NN to NN + 1
set IP_NUMBER to (word NN of ip_devices)
set command to "/sbin/ping -o -c 5 " & IP_NUMBER
try
set thePing to do shell script command
on error
set devices_failed to devices_failed + 1
set done to 0 -- not done yet
end try
if done = 1 then set NN to 9999 -- found one live device, exit
end repeat

if devices_failed = No_of_devices_to_look_for then
set ip_devices_not_online_minutes to ip_devices_not_online_minutes + 1 -- increment minutes offline counter
else -- .... found at least one alive, reset minutes counter to 0
set ip_devices_not_online_minutes to 0
end if

try
tell application "IndigoServer"
set value of variable "ip_devices_not_online_minutes" to ip_devices_not_online_minutes
end tell
end try

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 am
McJohn offline

Hello,

I just installed the new Airport Extreme 2013 but the standard SNMP password doesn't work anymore:

Smartphone Radar Error The SNMP request from 192.168.178.88 timeout out. Wrong password?

Has anyone experience with this?

Thanks for the help and kind regards,

John

Posted on
Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:46 am
McJohn offline

I installed the old Airport Util
http://www.macinstruct.com/node/491

BUT it seems to be that SNMP is totally disappeared in the new Airport Extreme 2013.

Screendump with the Airport Express
and a screendump with the new Airport Extreme

Only syslog can be enabled, but that's a problem for me because I don't know how this works.

Kind regards,

John
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 11.30.57.png
Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 11.30.57.png (126 KiB) Viewed 5731 times