[ANSWERED] Variables missing in Indigo Touch

Posted on
Thu May 22, 2014 11:19 am
twolap offline

[ANSWERED] Variables missing in Indigo Touch

For what ever reason I decided to "rearrange" the variables since I did not want them in a sub-folder (i.e the Smartphone Radar folder). I moved them around a bit and also deleted the folder itself. This worked (and looks) fine in Indigo on the Mac, but screwed up how they are visible remote, i.e. on the Indigo Touch app (and web-interface).
Only the AllPhonesOnVacation is visible remote.
I have tried to disable and enable the plugin. Delete the app and reinstall it. Uncheck and check the Remote Display toggle in the Variable List on the Mac...all with no result.

Any idea how I can get the other variables visible remote again?

Cheers/Carl

Posted on
Thu May 22, 2014 4:06 pm
autolog offline

Re: Variables missing in Indigo Touch

twolap wrote:
... Any idea how I can get the other variables visible remote again? ...l

A couple of suggestions: check that you are at the root level on the variables display in the variables tab (should read 'Variables' in the centre of the title bar) and check that you have remote display ticked for the variables in the Indigo variables window. :)

Posted on
Thu May 22, 2014 4:18 pm
durosity offline

Re: [ANSWERED] Variables missing in Indigo Touch

Also in case you've not tried it, try restarting the indigo server and quit the touch app

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu May 22, 2014 11:09 pm
twolap offline

Nope. Web interface and Indigo Touch still just shows the one variable :(
Cheers/Carl

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2014 12:36 am
autolog offline

twolap wrote:
Nope. Web interface and Indigo Touch still just shows the one variable

Not sure why this thread is marked as [ANSWERED] as it appears you haven't yet got an answer as to why your variables aren't showing and the problem isn't yet solved :?: :)

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2014 1:47 am
durosity offline

Do they show up in the variables list if you browse to http://127.0.0.1:8176 (or whichever port you use for indigo)?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2014 1:48 am
durosity offline

durosity wrote:
Do they show up in the variables list if you browse to http://127.0.0.1:8176 (or whichever port you use for indigo)?

ignore that last message.. i just noticed you also said web interface. What about trying to put them back in a folder, see if they show up, then move them again?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2014 2:38 am
twolap offline

I've done everything suggested already :(
Below are some screen-shots from the iPhone App. I have (re)created a folder call Smartphone Radar and moved the variables there.

Note, when on my home network all variables show up in the right place, both in the app and on the mac.

Cheers/Carl
Attachments
image (1).jpeg
image (1).jpeg (72 KiB) Viewed 6797 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (72 KiB) Viewed 6797 times

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2014 5:33 am
durosity offline

Could it be that reflector is lookin at the wrong server? But then why does the folder appear..... Very strange, someone call mulder and scully!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2014 6:58 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

autolog wrote:
twolap wrote:
Nope. Web interface and Indigo Touch still just shows the one variable

Not sure why this thread is marked as [ANSWERED] as it appears you haven't yet got an answer as to why your variables aren't showing and the problem isn't yet solved :?: :)

We marked posts (albeit inconsistently) [ANSWERED] if there has been a reply to the original question(s). We mark them [SOLVED] if they have been solved. I agree though in this case I probably flagged it answered prematurely...

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2014 6:59 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

durosity wrote:
Could it be that reflector is lookin at the wrong server? But then why does the folder appear..... Very strange, someone call mulder and scully!

I think this must be the case -- if you are seeing different results when connecting from different Macs or iPhone then one of them is connecting to a different Mac. It might be a reflector that is still connecting to a previous Mac that you used to use.

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2014 8:09 am
twolap offline

I though you guys where on to something....But...The device states etc in Indigo Touch are updating correctly. Only the variables are screwed up.

I guess one way would be to start from scratch, i.e. remove the Smartphone Radar plug-in and re-install it.

I'm fairly new to Indigo and did not see an obvious way to do this, just how to disable/enable the plugin.
Does the plug-in reside in a directory somewhere that I have to delete it from in order to completely remove it?

Cheers/Carl

Posted on
Sat May 24, 2014 8:58 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Carl,

The plugins folder is here:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/

so you can stop the Indigo Server, delete the plugin, then re-start the server and download/install the plugin again.

I'm not sure how that could help, but at this point it wouldn't hurt to try it.

I still don't understand how/why the behavior would be different when using Indigo Touch remotely compared to using Indigo Touch at home, unless it was accessing a different Mac. You might try shutting down your main Indigo Mac and then connect both locally and remotely. If either one of them works, then it is connecting to a different Mac...

Posted on
Mon May 26, 2014 9:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

twolap wrote:
I though you guys where on to something....But...The device states etc in Indigo Touch are updating correctly. Only the variables are screwed up.

I should point out that if you're running the same plugin on different Macs then device states would update correctly on both...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon May 26, 2014 9:32 am
twolap offline

Understood, but I'm not :(

I will try uninstall/(re)install next week when I'm back from a trip.... Since things work fine, this is more of a nuisance (and a bit of a puzzle) than a big problem.
Thanks for all suggestions and help.

Cheers/Carl

Page 1 of 1