EUROtronic Stella-Z

Posted on
Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:00 pm
manders offline

Re: EUROtronic Stella-Z

matt (support) wrote:
This thread is for discussing the EUROtronic Stella-Z thermostat.

Device details
How to use with Indigo

I have seen many people dating back to early 2013 asking about changing the wake interval via Indigo Action or script (Applescript / Python). From what I can tell it has been on the feature request list for a while, has this been addressed now? If so could you demonstrate the syntax of tell me about the Indigo action?

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:53 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It isn't currently possible to have raw Z-Wave messages queued for sleeping modules. You can send raw Z-Wave messages, but not to battery operated modules that may be asleep (they will just get a NAK error since they are sleeping). We are looking at improving this in a future release of Indigo.

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:14 pm
manders offline

Firstly I'm a massive fan of this product and the feature capability, and it's with the greatest respect that I say, it seems we've heard this before since the thread started in 2013 there's several 'it's coming' 'in the next version' etc...

Posted on
Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure (but not positive) we've never said the ability to send arbitrary messages to sleeping modules is coming in the "in the next version." It has been on the feature request list for a while (and we've been working on a major release for a while...).

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7 now has the ability to queue raw commands to sleeping modules. This other forum thread has an example that shows the format for sending a raw command to change the wake interval.

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:41 am
manders offline

Re: EUROtronic Stella-Z - Device hanging / reporting 0' degr

I have a few of these units now, all setup with 5-min intervals and transformers running from mains.

They do on occasion mis-report battery levels, mis-report temp at zero degrees and generally hang.

If I hit the button on the unit, things tend to kick into life, starting with what sounds like a re-caliberation of the valve.

I would like to send a message, via raw z-wave to 'reset' the device... but can't locate a library of the available raw messages for this device.

Does this exist? and if so for other devices too?

Has anyone else had this type of error, is a raw message injection the answer... status request doesn't seem to do anything.