Getting Started with Somfy Blinds & Such

Posted on
Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:46 pm
SearchCz offline

Getting Started with Somfy Blinds & Such

I have a bunch of *somfy* window shades not yet integrated into my smarthome in any way. I’m am bout to add a *somfy* compatible powered screen on an enclosed porch, and the seller is offering a bridge of sorts called TaHoma.

I’m apprehensive because I already have an extensive Indigo setup controlling lots of devices through multiple bridges. I wonder if perhaps there is a more generic option I should consider that works well with I Diego to control *somfy* devices. Writing from Canada if that matters. I’m MHA e a few bridges already, including:

VELUX
MyQ
Hue
SmartThings

Posted on
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:46 pm
mclass offline

Re: Getting Started with Somfy Blinds & Such

Check out Bond Home device. Supports a range of blinds and other devices including Somfy.

In conjunction with the excellent Bond plugin, i have successfully integrated about 20 Somfy and Rollease blinds into indigo, and effectively control them with Alexa.

Another hub, yes, but better performance than manufactures hubs - especially the Rollease Pulse2 that has appalling range!

mclass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:30 am
b_weijenberg offline

Re: Getting Started with Somfy Blinds & Such

Somfy IO is only supported by Somfy controllers.

Somfy RTS can be controlled using the RFXCOM plugin and the RFXCOM Transceivers (RFXusb-RFX433)
This transceiver can also be used to receive many weather sensors.

Page 1 of 1