Insteon 2441th v Zwave ????

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:06 am
turtle offline

Insteon 2441th v Zwave ????

Sigh... My last 2413U went out with a bang, literally. Pops the GFCI outlet it was plugged into. The only device I really wanted it for is my Insteon 2441TH thermostat, I can easily replace the power modules with Zwave. I did look through past posts about having the 2413U repaired - $149 now and the Zwave thermostats I've seen are much less than that, and who knows how long the repair would last, or if it can be repaired.

To the point - are there any opinions or experience of transitioning from a 2441TH to a ZWave thermostat?

My use cases:
Frequently throughout the day we adjust the thermostats from mobile app.
I have multiple custom time periods during the day/week/year for which I set either a heat/cool/comfort-zone temperature.
I do not ever set the clock on the thermostat nor use any of its programmable features (that's why I use Indigo).

All comments welcome and respected.

Posted on
Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:17 am
Korey offline

Re: Insteon 2441th v Zwave ????

They are selling new 2413U/S on Insteon.com now.

Updated with better components.

--
Korey

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:17 pm
jltnol offline

I went from the same T-stat you have/had to a Honeywell TH6320ZW2003. Anyway, it was pretty painless. Don't recall exactly how I did it but I think swapping out the devices in Indigo was fairly simple... by that I mean I don't think I had to go in and re-do actions, triggers, and schedules... but honestly don't remember.

Anyway, while I started with Insteon, and had a few Z-Wave devices, it was only after I did ran the Survey Plugin that I realized that Insteon is much slower than Z-Wave. it was then that I decided to inch my way from Insteon to Z-Wave.

Posted on
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:07 pm
turtle offline

I see that - and ordered one, received it today, now I need to figure out how to find the instructions on copying the links from the old PLM to the new one.

Page 1 of 1