Happy HomePod Day

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Happy HomePod Day

I don't think I've read a single credible bad review, I hope it lives up to the hype :roll: . Well at least it finally kicked me in the butt to rewrite the HomeKit plugin - that is needed even if HomePod sucks. :shock: :D

24694-32585-24498-32133-Image-result-for-site-appleinsidercom-homepod-l-xl.jpg
24694-32585-24498-32133-Image-result-for-site-appleinsidercom-homepod-l-xl.jpg (94.83 KiB) Viewed 1089 times

apple-homepod-02.jpeg
apple-homepod-02.jpeg (256.58 KiB) Viewed 1089 times

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:48 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Happy HomePod Day

I've had HomePod for about 2 hours now. It's quite extraordinary. I have a very acoustically challenging room I'm trying it in. It's 20'x30', wooden floors, bookcases, drywall and a tiled fireplace. It's open to several other large rooms including the tiled kitchen. HomePod easily fills the large room and the adjacent kitchen with sound--and only at 45 or 50%!

It understood commands when I was 20' away and facing away from it, with music playing.

And I'm getting the thump of strong bass without accompanied vibration of floors or tables.

I just left the 20x30 great room, walked 25' through the kitchen, turned a corner and entered another bedroom-sized open room. Then, with a wall and 50' between me and HomePod, I told it to pause in a conversational voice, not loud.

And it did.

And Siri recognition of challenging things? It just found a track I had never heard before by Birdsongs of the Mesozoic and played it for me when I asked.

Based on this, I've just decommissioned my kitchen iHome speaker that was totally unreliable for AirPlay. I had to connect it to an AirPort Express to get it working ok. Its sound for the kitchen was entirely substandard compared to HomePod, even though the HomePod is in another room!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:58 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Mouth waters... evil look in eye each moment UPS is not at door.... :evil: :twisted:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:01 pm
Different Computers offline

C4W: Don't forget to personalize the name of yours to "Ass Toggle"!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:14 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
C4W: Don't forget to personalize the name of yours to "Ass Toggle"!

HAHAHAHAHA

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:22 pm
mlooss offline

UPS just delivered my HomePod, this think sounds awesome and the bass coming out of this speaker, just WOW! I have only been listening for a about 5 minutes, but Apple delivered on the sound part.

Page 1 of 1