RF Devices

Posted on
Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:46 am
Deco-one offline

RF Devices

Hi!
I'm new to home automation, and just purchased the activehome package, quite a few RadioShack branded X10 light switches a few lamp modules and your software. I figured that Indigo is new, OSX native, still being developed - had to be the best choice.

I have my system running with a few switch modules installed in the house, and your software running on my iMac FP 800 through a Keyspan serial 9pin to USB adapter. So far, I'm only turning exterior lights on & off at dawn & dusk - works great!

My initial question is - how do I interact with the transmitter, keyfob & remote control through your software? This is the equipment that came with the 'Activehome kit' by the way.

Posted on
Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: RF Devices

Deco-one wrote:
Hi!
I'm new to home automation, and just purchased the activehome package, quite a few RadioShack branded X10 light switches a few lamp modules and your software. I figured that Indigo is new, OSX native, still being developed - had to be the best choice.

I sure won't argue with your choice in software! :-)

Deco-one wrote:
My initial question is - how do I interact with the transmitter, keyfob & remote control through your software? This is the equipment that came with the 'Activehome kit' by the way.

For some general background you might want to read the Wireless Devices section on:

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/ind ... dware.html

Specifically, your kit should have included the TM751 Transceiver. That device will pick up RF signals from your remotes (and motion detectors if you bought any) and transmit X10 signals down the powerline to the CM11, which will then communicate with Indigo.

Your remote control and TM751 Transceiver will have to be set to the same house code -- the TM751 can only receive signals from a single house code. FYI, the MR26, which you can get from X10, receives all 16 house codes.

Next, you'll want to set up some Indigo _Devices_ to represent specific buttons on your remote control. Create a new device in Indigo. In the device dialog, choose "Remote Button" from the Type popup menu. Select the house code and device code for the specific button you are interested in.

Now when you press the remote button, you should see in the Log Window something like, _RCVD "My Remote Button" On_.

Next, you can have Indigo perform an action when that button is pressed. Create a new Trigger Action (Cmd-R). From the Trigger panel of the dialog, select the Device name for the remote button you just defined. Leave the Received popup set to "On". Now select the Action panel. Pick the type of action you want to perform: turn on a device, send an email, etc.

That should get you started. Good luck!

regards,
matt

Posted on
Fri May 02, 2003 10:24 am
Guest offline

What about other RF devices?

Are you looking at supporting the W800RF32 from wld designs.

here is a comparison to the mr26.

http://www.wgldesigns.com/comments.htm

Posted on
Fri May 02, 2003 6:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: What about other RF devices?

There should be something in the next 1.1 beta for the W800RF32.

regards,
matt

Anonymous wrote:
Are you looking at supporting the W800RF32 from wld designs.

Posted on
Mon May 05, 2003 1:54 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: What about other RF devices?

The latest beta version 1.1 supports the W800RF32.

You can download the beta at:

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/ind ... o_beta.dmg

regards,
matt

Page 1 of 1