Chamberlain MyQ Connect Speed

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:59 pm
DaveL17 offline

Chamberlain MyQ Connect Speed

I'm deploying some new network hardware, taking the opportunity to add a new patch panel and--in the process--auditing clients and improving overall organization. One device that stands out is the Chamberlain Internet Gateway device which is connecting at 10BaseT. Can anyone confirm that their's is connecting at 10 or something higher?

I'm talking about this one:
806657.jpg
806657.jpg (8.8 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
Last edited by DaveL17 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:25 pm
CliveS offline

Re: Chamberlain MyQ Connect Speed

Bored waiting for midnight (22:25 in the UK) so I was googling and came up with a speed for a 828LM as 10 Mb/s, not sure if that is your device but the picture matches.

https://www.liftmaster.com/catalogresourcesv3/en-us/shared/files/tucmanuals/0137420.pdf

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:35 pm
DaveL17 offline

That's probably the one. Thanks for finding that!

10 is probably plenty for what it has to do, but it's good to know that it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:40 pm
DaveL17 offline

Thanks @Ianbrown. Appreciate the confirmation.

Six more homeruns to reterminate and my new patch panel will be finished. :D

Posted on
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:09 pm
DaveL17 offline

My setup is very simple--every LAN drop runs back to a central punchdown panel. I wanted to rearrange a few things so I'm taking the opportunity to switch to a Keystone panel to make it easier to move things around later on.

The last few drops I have left are the ones farthest away from the server rack (requiring multiple trips up and down the stairs) so I left them for last. :D

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:15 pm
kw123 offline

How do you get them through the walls?
I had to do wild stuff to get one outlet into almost each room and Then i put an 8 port there. Hence I have one 24 port and nine 8 port switches with Poe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:08 pm
DaveL17 offline

kw123 wrote:
How do you get them through the walls?

My server rack is in the basement. For everything on the basement level and first floor I run the cable along the basement ceiling and punch a hole through the sole plate for the cable. I cut a small hole for a low-voltage plate mount in the room, run a fish-tape up to the hole in the wall from the basement and pull a string back down. Then I use the string to pull the cable through the wall. For the second floor and attic space, I have a three-inch pipe that runs from the basement to the attic space and do the same steps but from above. Running the drops in existing walls was a complete character builder--but thankfully I only had to do thirteen of them.

For the spots that have multiple devices like the home theater, I use an 8 port switch on a single drop.

Page 1 of 1