Delete variable sprinklerDurationMultiplier

Posted on
Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:13 am
bob offline

Delete variable sprinklerDurationMultiplier

Anyone know how to delete the sprinklerDurationMultiplier variable permanently? If I delete it from the variable list it comes back after I restart Indigo Server. There are no scripts in my Attachemtns folder other than the TempLinc script.

Thanks - Bob

Posted on
Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Delete variable sprinklerDurationMultiplier

Yeah, that one is my fault. The server always recreates it. I'll look into getting this fixed so it doesn't keep coming back to life if you don't need it.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:20 pm
gonzalezerick1019 offline

Could someone explain what the "sprinklerdurationmultiplier" mean and when should I select "Multiply durations by Variable value"

I recently purchased the EZFlora and I was adding the device and creating the schedules. I now see under the Variables on my iPhone app the Sprinkler Duration set to 1 where as before I only saw "isDaylight"

I am using Indigo 5.

Thank you.

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:33 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That is an option that will allow you to dynamically adjust the run times for your zones - so, for instance, you can set a variable to a number which the durations specified in the Action dialog will be multiplied by.

It's optional - until you need it just leave the option unchecked.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:55 pm
gonzalezerick1019 offline

Thank you for your quick response.

Now that I have turned that off, I still see the variable defined to a value of 1 on the iPhone app, which it allows me to change from 1 to 0. Is this a variable that will be automatically created simply if you have a sprinkle device?

Is this multiplier of 1 and 0 simply an on/off calculation that is tied in to a script such as on from NOAA for weather cast where the sprinklers will no run or run for a less period than the 30 minutes define on the schedule. I have not been able to find any documentation on this.

Thanks again

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:39 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

gonzalezerick1019 wrote:
Now that I have turned that off, I still see the variable defined to a value of 1 on the iPhone app, which it allows me to change from 1 to 0. Is this a variable that will be automatically created simply if you have a sprinkle device?

Um, all variables show up in the variables list in Indigo Touch - unless you specifically mark them not to (right-click or uncheck the "Remote Display" checkbox next to the variable in the Variables window). The default database we ship with Indigo has a few variables already created for you.

gonzalezerick1019 wrote:
Is this multiplier of 1 and 0 simply an on/off calculation that is tied in to a script such as on from NOAA for weather cast where the sprinklers will no run or run for a less period than the 30 minutes define on the schedule. I have not been able to find any documentation on this.

The multiplier can represent anything you want it to. Nothing modifies it directly - you have to change it. You could set up some kind of trigger that gets data from the WeatherSnoop plugin about rain totals (NOAA doesn't provide rain data) and sets the multiplier appropriately - but that's logic that is specific to your setup and you would need to implement the trigger yourself.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:42 am
johnpolasek offline

"but that's logic that is specific to your setup and you would need to implement the trigger yourself." If you have your own weather station, you might want to look at MacWeather.net; it's based on a different weather logger than weathersnoop, but the variables are the same no matter where they come from. They've got several people over there who have been developing watering demand scripts based on a leaky bucket principle: each zone in your yard is considered to be a bucket (a variable, in Indigo) that holds a certain maximum amount of water either from natural rain or from your sprinkler system, and then "leaks" it by evaporation with the rate depending on the temperature, humidity, wind speed, and amount of sun (a once an hour schedule in Indigo). And once you get all the constants (size, shade, soil type, sprinkler head capacity for each zone), set up to match your yard, you can tell the sprinklers not to come on at all till the bucket is someting like a third full, and then run just long enough to fill it up to two thirds full (a trigger in Indigo)...

Page 1 of 1