Ideas are now missing

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:25 am
MarcoGT offline

Ideas are now missing

Hi all,

I have right now lack of ideas regarding HA, I mean..."what can I do in my flat"?

It is a flat in a building, so lots of things cannot unfortunately being automatized

At the moment I have:

- roller shutter
- lights (not all of them)
- motion
- alarm (not DSC, for example), but done by myself with motion and so on
- home/away trigger, but at the moment manual, I would like to automatize it, how? --> This is the first thing that I would make
- homebridge

Heating I cannot do it; well, technically yes, but it is an underfloor heating with thermostat in everyroom already, so it makes so sense

Living in Germany

Any idea?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:41 am
durosity offline

Re: Ideas are now missing

Roomba?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:02 am
racarter offline

1. I've found Home Remote geofencing to be very reliable for home/away switching.

2. Use Alexa to control some of your lights and switches.

3. Control of TV/TiVo using GC-100 or a plugin. Could then control with Alexa.

4. Face recognition camera so Indigo knows you have guests and could modify house automation if required.

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:16 am
MarcoGT offline

racarter wrote:
1. I've found Home Remote geofencing to be very reliable for home/away switching.

2. Use Alexa to control some of your lights and switches.

3. Control of TV/TiVo using GC-100 or a plugin. Could then control with Alexa.

4. Face recognition camera so Indigo knows you have guests and could modify house automation if required.

1. I will try with HomeRemote, thanks
2. I am Italian, but living in Germany; Alexa (nor Google Home) speaks Italian :(
3. Never thought about that
4. I have it, forgot to mention. Netatmo Welcome to control home/away

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:17 am
MarcoGT offline

durosity wrote:
Roomba?

Uhm...good idea...which Roomba do I need at least to integrate it with Indigo?

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:44 am
Different Computers offline

- home/away trigger, but at the moment manual, I would like to automatize it, how? --> This is the first thing that I would make

Two ways to do this come to mind, three if you have a UniFi wifi access point.
The iOS Home Remote app as mentioned above. Very reliable, but an unintuitive pain in the butt to set up.
Once HomeBridge is running, you can create a HomeKit automation that will change Home/Away. HomeBridge Buddy is awesome, and allows you to set up HomeBridge-iTunes too. Prepare for your HomePod!
If your flat is small enough and more square than rectangular, a single iBeacon might cover all of it. But that requires either setting up a Pi and using the beacon plugin, or, once again, Home Remote.

How about a security camera or two? Integrated into Control Pages. If you go for multiple cameras, check out the Dynamic Pages plugin.

And do you have weather conditions integrated into your system? How about integrated sound and TV?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:51 am
RogueProeliator offline

I have right now lack of ideas regarding HA, I mean..."what can I do in my flat"?

I would go with audio/video integration next, though of course that depends on what A/V hardware you use.

Do you have pets? There are several users that have automated various things for pets, though the options are somewhat limited in that respect.

. I am Italian, but living in Germany; Alexa (nor Google Home) speaks Italian

Reportedly, Google Assistant will support Italian by the end of the year... though schedules often slip, it sounds like they have plans for it. Might keep an eye out.

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:06 am
DaveL17 offline

Install 11 cameras so that you can watch your cat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:29 am
durosity offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Install 11 cameras so that you can watch your cat?

You need to say eluvuhn! And also its cats. 4 cats now.. one died yesterday after an operation :(

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:00 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

durosity wrote:
DaveL17 wrote:
You need to say eluvuhn! And also its cats. 4 cats now.. one died yesterday after an operation :(

Sorry to hear that. :(

We have 3 spare cats if you want an extra one (we have 3 cats total).

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:12 pm
durosity offline

Perhaps we can arrange a swap? One of mine, Link, is a right dic.. I mean lovely kitty.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:14 pm
DaveL17 offline

durosity wrote:

Sorry to hear that! ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:29 pm
roussell offline

durosity wrote:
Perhaps we can arrange a swap? One of mine, Link, is a right dic.. I mean lovely kitty.

When I met the woman who is now my wife - she had 8 cats, yep 8. I told her that when she moved in only half of the cats could come. I assumed that my two pit bulls would take care of the remaining 4. I even created an Instagram site for one of my dogs to intimidate her a little :twisted:

[Un]fortunately, the furry sausages I call my dogs were more afraid of cats so kept their distance. That was almost two years ago, now we're down to two cats, two dogs. (one cat died of old age, the other one saw an opportunity at the first open door and has never been seen since.)

As to automating ideas for the flat, I'm with the other's suggestions. I'd do A/V stuff as much as possible, and work on some more advance people detection/recognition stuff, if for no other reason that the challenge.

Terry

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:29 pm
durosity offline

Me too dude. He was a lovely little boy, spent most of his time lying on my lap purring exceptionally loudly. He was thick as mince but a kind soul.. I miss him so very deeply :(

Back on topic though many roombas will work with indigo.. there’s a current (expensive) model with WiFi built in that someone built a plugin for, and any model that works with either the ThinkingCleaner (now out of production) or the RooWifi module. I personally have two Roomba 530s with the thinkijgcleaner add on and they work brilliantly. With 5 cats you can imagine the dirt that builds up but they’re good enough to get the worst of it meaning I only need to do a proper vacuum once every 2-3 weeks.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:33 pm
durosity offline

Ideas are now missing

@roussell yeah In my experience most dogs are scared of cats, and in a fight the dog tends to come out worse. Cats claws are mighty sharp and dogs noses are veeeery sensitive!

Also that’s a great Instagram page!

Computer says no.