Mac Mini’s future

Posted on
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:17 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Mac Mini’s future

noel1983 wrote:
I have original iPads going strong too, although struggle to find uses for the, these days!

I just recently got rid of my 1st generation iPads, I used them with iCab Mobile as Kiosk devices in my house running custom control pages for Indigo but as I've gotten voice spread around there was just no need. I got $75-100 each for them on eBay in nearly new shape (I always keep original Apple boxes for resale).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:58 am
Different Computers offline

I've got an iPad 1 in daily use running a control page in the last version of Indigo Touch that is compatible with iOS 5 or whatever is on it. And another one I'm trying to figure out how to use as a wifi picture frame, but of course it doesn't support iCloud photos.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:29 am
noel1983 offline

Yep mines in the kitchen as quick access to a control page to show long the tumble dryer has left to run

I’ve not been able to find a decent way to use it as a picture frame sonif you find one please let me know

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:10 am
siclark offline

My iPad 2 is in use as second monitor for my iMac using duet. Works really well. It's too slow for normal tablet duties now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:07 am
gillekes offline

Duet is awesome, i use it connect o my headless mac mini to program indigo. Use a iPad pro 12” with the iPad keyboard and the Magic Mouse ( connected to the mac mini). Works great!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:28 am
virgahyatt offline

gillekes wrote:
Duet is awesome, i use it connect o my headless mac mini to program indigo. Use a iPad pro 12” with the iPad keyboard and the Magic Mouse ( connected to the mac mini). Works great!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Be aware it causes issues with airplay mirroring from your mac though. Or even just an external monitor. I have had to remove it for many customers.

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:08 am
durosity offline

Different Computers wrote:
I've got an iPad 1 in daily use running a control page in the last version of Indigo Touch that is compatible with iOS 5 or whatever is on it. And another one I'm trying to figure out how to use as a wifi picture frame, but of course it doesn't support iCloud photos.

I have an original iPad that i keep on my desk at work in a little dock just for monitoring a control page with a few CCTV feeds and a few other bits and bobs. Quite handy!

Computer says no.