30% off on Dome Z-wave

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:17 am
Different Computers offline

30% off on Dome Z-wave

https://domeha.com/shop?promo=take30offbyjuly30

Free shipping too.

Makes their prices a bit cheaper than Amazon's for the same type of device from a cheaper manufacturer. Reports here say the water shutoff (for $66) works out of the box with Indigo.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:02 am
rapamatic offline

Re: 30% off on Dome Z-wave

Price looks good and I like the look of their leak sensor and sirens too - do you know if those devices also all work with Indigo?

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:34 am

Nope, I only searched here for the valve control. Others might. Search!

From the text on the web site, Dome seems to emphasize their stuff is all standards compliant, so there's a good chance it works fine.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:37 am
rapamatic offline

A search in the forums and in the supported device documentation turned up nothing, that’s why I asked here.... I may order some to try anyway and will update. It looks like their little power outlet switches work out of the box... so it’s likely the leak sensors would. Unclear the siren will (since a lot of different options for that - different chirps and beeps)....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:47 pm
akimball offline

I have two water valve units. They work great. I have one mouse trap unit....that doesn't integrate yet.

I modified an Indigo Sprinkler Icon to look like a water valve... this is my control on iOS:
Attachments
FullSizeRender2.jpg
FullSizeRender2.jpg (4.63 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (4.59 KiB) Viewed 3925 times

-Al

Posted on
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:12 am
norcoscia offline

Good info - I took a look and noticed their Door/Window Sensor Pro - 29 dollars (before the 30% off) and it say the battery will last 10 years - I like the sound of that - has anyone tested one of these with Indigo?

I did a quick search here but no luck finding any posts other than the valve....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:04 pm
akimball offline

I can vouch that the domo mouse trap has extremely limited compatibility currently....only reports battery level and not zap triggers. Domo water valve is 100% compatible out of the box. I know nothing of the other domo products.

-Al

Posted on
Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Hey, I just got mine paired up and thought I'd let others know: for pairing, where the direction says "press the 'open/close" button quickly 3 times in a row" what they seem to actually mean is "turn it on and off quickly 3 times in a row". In other words, SIX button presses, not three.

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:25 am
akimball offline

Now about that mouse trap...if Indigo could give me a real-time notification when the domo mousetrap zaps the mouse, I could get the little guy medical help before it's too late.

-Al

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:01 am
norcoscia offline

I wish the trap did work - it is perfect for my crawl space - I have pex pipes down there and if a mouse got in somehow and decided to chew on one it would be a bad day. I don't really want to go down there to bait and check traps - notification would be great.''

Wonder if Domo products are on the upgrade list?

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:06 am
norcoscia offline

AI - I just thought of something - when the trap zaps it should send a z-wave command - bet you could listen for it an set a trigger - wouldn't that make it 100% or do you have other problems with it.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:30 am
akimball offline

Norcosica, Perhaps I could find some way to get it to work with much reseach but I've kinda been hoping support would be added in a future upgrade. To avoid torturing a small animal, perhaps they could electrocute a hot-dog as they add this functionality to Indigo.
Last edited by akimball on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

-Al

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
norcoscia offline

Should be easy (I think) - just trigger it - and capture the message - then put it in the dialog.

Should be easy - famous last words :-)
Attachments
2017-07-12_09-33-44.png
2017-07-12_09-33-44.png (117.53 KiB) Viewed 3696 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:37 am
akimball offline

Hmm, okay now I see what you mean. Will give it a shot.

-Al

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:20 pm
norcoscia offline

Hi, Al, wondering if you got this working - I was just down in my crawlspace and I noticed I was not alone :shock:

Matt did help me with an unsupported Dome open/close sensor - with his help, I'm able to set a variable from an action that is linked to a message the unsupported sensor sends for open or closed.

I guess I could try the same thing with the mouse electric chair but would like to know if you had any luck before I drop the cash..

If you get a second and don't mind, pls let me know....

_______
Norm