Dumping ADT

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:11 am
berkinet offline

Re: Dumping ADT

Indy_Larry wrote:
I would suggest the ad2pi if you can afford it.

Hey @Berkinet wondering if you know, does the $70 AD2pi board come with the plastic case? ...

I doubt the 2pi board comes with the case.. But, you might be able to convince NuTech to sell you one, or at least tell you what size is necessary. As for the extra cost, tell your son to brown bag it for a day ;-)

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:11 am
hamw offline

I picked up some Honeywell 5800PIR wireless motion detectors, hoping to use these as outdoor motions as Insteon replacements. I programmed them in as interior followers but realized that they will set off the alarm if set to "Away". I've tried setting them to Zone type 23 and 27, but the AD2USB plugin doesn't recognize them as devices. However, the 5881 board is seeing them, and when the plugin is in "Advanced Mode" with "Log unknown wireless devices" it sees them and logs the devices in Indigo as wireless devices. This is one of my 5800PIRs:

AD2USB Alarm Interface advancedReadZoneMessage Called
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error:'0434344'
Message from unrecognized Zone device: !RFX:0434344,80

AD2USB Alarm Interface advancedReadZoneMessage Completed
AD2USB Alarm Interface hex2bin Called
AD2USB Alarm Interface advancedReadZoneMessage Called
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error:'0434344'
Message from unrecognized Zone device: !RFX:0434344,00

Since I usually operate in basic mode, when I changed to Advanced mode to see the devices I'm getting this error:
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error exception in deviceStartComm(Zone Window Office 35): local variable 'zoneBoard' referenced before assignment

What's the correct way to integrate these devices into the AD2USB plugin so that I can ? Currently I'm using v1.04s in basic mode, which works pretty well for my Vista 128FBP system. Given that the 128 is not 100% supported by the plugin, can I do this without setting up virtual relays/zone boards etc?
Last edited by hamw on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:36 am
berkinet offline

hamw wrote:
I picked up some Honeywell 5800PIR wireless motion detectors... ...What's the correct way to integrate these devices into the AD2USB plugin? Currently I'm using v1.04s in basic mode, which works pretty well for my Vista 128FBP system.

If you watch the raw output from the AD2USB, do you see the MDs reporting? It should not be necessary to actually enroll the MDs in your panel. You should be able to set them up in the AD2USB as pseudo devices. Unfortunately, I am not at my AD2* location so it may be a day or so before I can get back to you on how to do this.

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:44 am
hamw offline

Updated my post above. Yes, the panel is seeing the devices. I'll do a search for pseudo devices in the AD2USB thread to see if I can figure it out.

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:35 am
berkinet offline

hamw wrote:
...Yes, the panel is seeing the devices.
I took a look at my remote installation and I think you have to ruin the plugin in Advanced mode, and then specify the wireless tag in the Indigo device. I seem to recall you had to use basic mode with your panel because the plugin (actually ad2usb) does not support polling zones like those found in the 128 panel.

However, all is not lost. I should be possible to make a copy of the plugin, change it's internal identity (see below), and then run that as a separate plugin, in advanced mode. If you are using ser2sock, both plugin instances can connect to the ad2usb at the same time.

To create a clone of the plugin with a different ID you will need to first, make a copy of the plugin, then locate info.plist in the Contents folder and then edit that (TextEdit is fine) to change the values for CFBundleDisplayName and CFBundleIdentifier I'd suggest something like: "ad2usb copy" and com.alarm.ham

Let me know how that works.

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:40 am
hamw offline

Sounds good. Just to see if it works I have upgraded to 1.5.5 and set it in advance mode. I will let that go for a while. Have to run out of town today and will play with it some more tomorrow.

Appreciate your getting back.