TheDigitalMediaZone.com Home On Podcast

Posted on
Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

TheDigitalMediaZone.com Home On Podcast

Thanks to TheDigitalMediaZone.com for inviting us to join them on their most recent "Home: On" podcast!

TheDigitalMediaZone.com wrote:
On this episode of Home: On, Richard Gunther is joined by Matt Bendiksen of Perceptive Automation. They discuss Amazon’s new home automation store and talk about Perceptive Automation’s Indigo control software. A recent update brings Z-Wave and a new plug-in framework to this popular Mac-based automation package that you can run in your own home to control and schedule lighting, appliances, and scenes throughout the house.

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:01 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: TheDigitalMediaZone.com Home On Podcast

Wow, great job Matt! Next time don't let the host hog the mic so much:-)

Carl

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hah. I actually talked about twice as long as what you heard, but the host was kind enough to do some audio editing and removing all of my "ummm.." ticks. :-)

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:11 am
Seeker offline

Great interview and a good podcast (which I subscribed to after listening to this episode).

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:13 am
sgbirch offline

Great interview ... nice work.
Last edited by sgbirch on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:32 am
durosity offline

Enjoyable interview.. i'm guessing by the amount of EU based people posting here recently that deciding on Z-Wave has paid off.

Since you said you're going to be looking at Indigo Touch i thought i'd be cheeky and slip in wishlist for it.. (most of these are control page related :)

1 - It'd be great to have some kind of static controls option for control pages.. eg a task bar at the bottom of the page that stays put when scrolling/loading different pages

2 - the ability to press and hold on a button to involk a recurring action. eg sending the up button when channel surfing. I assume some sort of framework would be needed on IndigoServer for some plugins like Cynical Cache to work properly with this

3 - Pop ups.. it'd be great if on a CP pressing a button could result in a small pop up control, much like the HVAC controls but customisable to your own needs

4 - Slider support on control pages. Preferably with customisable graphics

5 - Push notifications.

6 - Swiping to the side to load a sub page of a control page. Eg a main control page for tv control, if i swipe to the side i’ll get a different page to select the source, then another swipe to access more controls.

7 - fixed page sizes that can’t be zoomed on.

I’m only asking for the world….
On a side note these (plus others that people have posted elsewhere) are features that i'd be more than willing to pay for.. need to keep a roof over your heads!

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1