Powerflash Interface to Indigo

Posted on
Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:31 pm
DStory offline

Powerflash Interface to Indigo

Can I set up Indigo to respond to a Powerflash module that, for example, is responding to a dry contact switch closure to let me know via Indigo that the back power generator is now on?

In other words, can I set up Indigo to send me an email that I am now on backup power, etc?

regards,
Darrell Story

Posted on
Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Powerflash Interface to Indigo

DStory wrote:
Can I set up Indigo to respond to a Powerflash module that, for example, is responding to a dry contact switch closure to let me know via Indigo that the back power generator is now on?

In other words, can I set up Indigo to send me an email that I am now on backup power, etc?

regards,
Darrell Story

Hi Darrell,

Yes, Indigo can do this. You'll want to create a Trigger Action (File > New Trigger Action). Leave the type set to "X10/RF Command Received", then select the X10 address that the Powerflash module is using. You can trigger either when an On or Off is Received, so you could send separate emails for when the generator is on versus off. Next, select the Action tab panel and choose Type of "Send Email" and fill in your information.

You'll have to make sure you've setup the Indigo preferences correctly so that Indigo can send email. It will try to guess the settings based on your system preferences, but you might need to override these.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1