How to control Roberts Radio Stream 205

Posted on
Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:38 am
colinpartridge offline

How to control Roberts Radio Stream 205

The Roberts Radio Stream 205 is an wi-fi enabled radio which can be controlled by an iphone app ConnectR. What I would like to be able to do is use indigo to switch the radio on and change input selection, however I haven't any idea whether this is possible, the radio does appear to have a web page which enables you to change its name but thats about the limit of communication I have managed.
Any ideas of how I might approach this if at all possible, I don't think that there is any form of public API available, not that I have found.

Cheers

Colin

Posted on
Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:29 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to control Roberts Radio Stream 205

I suppose you could attempt to sniff the network traffic between the app and the radio - but that's a pretty technical thing to do. Other than that, I think you're gonna need an API.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 am
colinpartridge offline

Re: How to control Roberts Radio Stream 205

I thought that would be the case… oh well.

Cheers

Colin

Posted on
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:20 pm
colinpartridge offline

Re: How to control Roberts Radio Stream 205 or 93i

Its only been 3 years since I last looked at this but progress has been made. I'm using the radio for as a line input to a sonos system as I don't want to rely on internet radio streams. There are now python modules which have been built for other Home automation products, so I imagine they could be modified to fit in with Indigodomo. So far I have been able to change radio presets and mute the radio using python scripts and the requests library.. I'd like to build a plugin to be more flexible but I wouldn't know where to start.
Just thought I'd put it out there incase anyone else was interested.
I found this document which is the api for a different radio but appears to be a very similar unit. http://market-sound.com/assets/files/Spisok-komand-Apart-PMR4000R.pdf

Colin

Page 1 of 1