New 2413U Power Link

Posted on
Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:37 pm
bighop offline

New 2413U Power Link

My PowerLink 2413U stopped working. This happened about a year and a half ago. Smarthome sent me a new one and its under warranty, so no issues here. I'm having trouble with the set up. It seems I have to Define and Sync each unit, and then Re-sync the links for that unit. I'm not able to re-sync the whole system. I'm not sure what I'm missing, maybe my iMac is too old? It can only run Snow Leppard. I'm running Indigo 6.

Posted on
Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: New 2413U Power Link

There are some additional steps that have to be done to remove the old and and the new PowerLinc with newer INSTEON modules (those with the i2CS firmware). Indigo 6 and older only does those steps during the Define & Sync process. In Indigo 7 we added that logic also to the Sync (and thus Re-Sync All) operations.

Posted on
Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:59 pm
bighop offline

I saw the 7 download, it looks like I have to move Indigo to a newer iMac... I need something more updated than Snow Leppard. Will be doing that in a few months.

Is there an update coming for the iPhone app? when I start it I get a message that the app could slow down my phone. Just wondering.

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:40 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

bighop wrote:
Is there an update coming for the iPhone app? when I start it I get a message that the app could slow down my phone. Just wondering.

Yes, that is a pretty high priority right now.

Page 1 of 1