Indigo in Rental/Vacation House

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:52 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Indigo in Rental/Vacation House

I'm curious - is anyone using Indigo to control/monitor a house that they rent out to vacationers? I'm curious because we stayed in a cabin that had some Z-Wave devices and they clearly set it up so that after people left they could be sure the lights were out, door locked, etc. I was thinking how cool it would be if they could give us temporary access to the system while we stayed there so that we could do basic control / unlocking door / etc. I had a couple of ideas for Domotics Pad that don't directly relate but could allow someone with a rental to allow their guests just that scenario.

If anyone is interested in doing that, please speak up as I want to run a couple of questions / ideas by you...

Adam

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:48 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Indigo in Rental/Vacation House

Vacation?

I've heard of that before. I'd like to try one out sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:38 pm
kw123 offline

What was the other thing besides vacation called again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:53 pm
roussell offline

I have a friend that uses some Vera units to manage several beach properties he has, but the guests don't have access to the system. He uses it to control the water heater, assign door lock codes, check lights, closed doors etc. I had a similar experience when I stayed in a cabin lsat fall and noticed they had zwave switches and thermostat. It was my honeymoon so I wasn't allowed to do much (any) snooping...

Terry

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:36 pm
clawmd offline

I use indigo in a rental. I still use Vera for lock mgmt, it works really well for managing all the PINS, and guests love not needing a key. Lights and scenes are used by guests. A security cam in the driveway can also be viewed by guests. I have just started looking into using iPad for providing more control to guests

Page 1 of 1