Honeywell Evohome Python 3 plugin - coming soon

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:19 am
CliveS offline

Re: Honeywell Evohome Python 3 plugin - coming soon

Neil,

Had another blip this morning, EVO and Reflector went down but yesterday I could not turn the TRV's up and down with the up/down arrows today they worked and went to look at the Dining Room TRV and it had increased from 19c to 21c as per log file so it seems you fixed it with the update.

All TRV's now moved over to your plugin, Apple Home working fine with it, 24 hours more and I will update Indigo to latest version,

2 questions
Do you poll the EU server regularly
Call it Evohome instead of Honeywell Evohome (just a suggestion to cut down the length in log and differentiate between your plugin and original.)

Code: Select all
21 Oct 2023 at 08:27:32
   Honeywell Evohome Error         [Sat Oct 21 08:27:32 2023] Cannot read Evohome data
   Honeywell Evohome Error         [Sat Oct 21 08:27:32 2023] Failed to retrieve Evohome data. Aborting update and trying again in 30 seconds

21 Oct 2023 at 08:28:48
   Zigbee2mqtt Bridge              received "Z Conservatory Left Window Contact" battery level 83%
   Zigbee2mqtt Bridge              received "Z Conservatory Left Window Contact" voltage 2.975 Volts

21 Oct 2023 at 08:30:00
   Z-Wave                          received "Front Door Lock" status update battery level 90%

21 Oct 2023 at 08:31:19
   Honeywell Evohome               [EVO Zone: Bathroom]: Setting Heat Setpoint to: 18.0

21 Oct 2023 at 08:32:13
   Z-Wave                          received "En Suite Floor Heating Thermostat" temperature update to 14.0 °C
   Error                           reflector connection test failed: unable to connect to server
   Warning                         reflector reconnection scheduled in 5 seconds
   Reflector                       restarting reflector connection to https://highsteads.indigodomo.net
   Honeywell Evohome               [EVO Zone: Bathroom]: Setting Heat Setpoint to: 17.0

21 Oct 2023 at 08:33:56
   Honeywell Evohome               [EVO Zone: Conservatory]: Setting Heat Setpoint to: 9.0

21 Oct 2023 at 08:34:18
   Honeywell Evohome               [EVO Zone: Utility Room]: Setting Heat Setpoint to: 13.0

21 Oct 2023 at 08:36:34
   Z-Wave                          received "En Suite Floor Heating Thermostat" temperature update to 14.0 °C

21 Oct 2023 at 08:37:09
   Honeywell Evohome               [EVO Zone: Dining Room]: Setting Heat Setpoint to: 20.0
   Honeywell Evohome               [EVO Zone: Dining Room]: Setting Heat Setpoint to: 21.0

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:45 am
neilk offline

Clive - that is good news. In the log you now see the errors logging the aborted update for the period it was down, but the fact it now works again suggests it is working as intended. Debug logging will be more verbose if the behaviour is inconsistent.

On the polling it is every 30s, which is the same as the old plugin and it is configurable and longer would not be a problem. I take care to minimise the API calls in a refresh cycle, it is done once for all devices to update the states, and as required to implement actions.

I will take another look to see if I need to do more on actions during an outage, just to make sure and that the logging is appropriate.

On the naming, that is a good idea and may remove any confusion, I will test to see if any unintended consequences.

Thanks.
Neil

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:27 am
neilk offline

Latest (and hopefully penultimate) pre release version.

Add's
- Error logging when plugin actions fail due to connectivity issues (previously they were trapped but silently
- Shortens plugin display name to Evohome (not the plugin ID remains as Honeywell_Evohome as changing this would mean recreating devices.

One more pre-release likely but mainly code and debug logging housekeeping unless new issues or requirements found

https://github.com/neilkplugins/evohome-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/0.0.5-Alpha

This is now stable enough that I can prepare some documentation.

Neil

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:59 am
CliveS offline

Neil,
Installed and everything working fine, I like the shortened naming and almost ready to issue the Indigo upgrade so I can subdue the HTTP logs from my Eve Matter Motion Sensor :)

Now I don't need to worry about the internet outages which we get quite often when it rains

EE Outage.png
EE Outage.png (75.73 KiB) Viewed 1174 times

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:39 pm
farberm offline

I would be happy to help. Just let me know.

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:54 am
neilk offline

Hi - I responded to the issue via GitHub but also happy to interact on here.

I am sure we can get this going.

Neil

Posted on
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:22 pm
MartinG offline

My installation of the plugin has been trucking along nicely for a few days now. No errors appearing in the log, so I've just switched over all my triggers & reporting to the Python 3 version. So far so good...

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:30 am
neilk offline

Thanks all - I think this is now solid enough to publish to the plugin store. I will document over the weekend, including the fact that it will only support logons to the EMEA Total Comfort Connect servers which means users of the US Redlink bridge will not be supported (not just the Wifi thermostats).

I don't envisage any changes but you may see a new version that points to the support forums etc

Neil

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:03 pm
MartinG offline

Hi,

Found a hiccup I'm afraid.

The plugin has created a device named "EVO Con" Little Hilden [2105065], which showing an Error state, and has bunch of custom states (activeFaults, modelType, systemMode, systemModePermanent, systemModeUntil). Unfortunately this hasn't updated for a ~2 weeks. No idea why I didn't spot this before!

Log:
Code: Select all
5 Nov 2023 at 17:55:52
   Evohome                         ┌────────────────────────┬─────────────────┬─────────────────┬──────────────────┬───────────────────┐
   Evohome                         │        Location        │    System ID    │    Device ID    │       Name       │       Model       │
   Evohome                         ├────────────────────────┼─────────────────┼─────────────────┼──────────────────┼───────────────────┤
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │                 │                  │ EvoTouch          │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105073         │                  │ DomesticHotWater  │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105053         │ Lounge           │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105054         │ Dining/Kitchen   │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105055         │ Study            │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105056         │ Hall & Landing   │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105057         │ Master Bedroom   │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105058         │ Master Bathroom  │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105059         │ Master Dressing Room │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105060         │ Spare Room       │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105061         │ Eloise's Bedroom │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105062         │ Sophie's Bedroom │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105063         │ Loft Small       │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         │ Little Hilden          │ 2105065         │ 2105064         │ Freya's Penthouse │ HeatingZone       │
   Evohome                         └────────────────────────┴─────────────────┴─────────────────┴──────────────────┴───────────────────┘

I use the systemMode state for turning off a bunch of stuff when we're away for a while.

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:29 pm
neilk offline

I will take a look, the EVO CON device represents the Evohome controller itself and the overall Evohome state (eco, away, day off etc)

I haven’t changed the states on reflection during testing so will do that and check if it updates. I may ask you to switch debugging on and do a plugin restart.

Neil

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:11 pm
neilk offline

I tested mode changes for the system and they appear to update without issue so I don’t seem to have the issue. I did notice the “until” state is not updating. To be honest I don’t know if it did on the old plug-in but I will dig into the code.

If you can turn on debugging and restart the plug-in and post any errors that may help. If not then I will create a version with lots of debugging around those states.

Neil

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:50 am
MartinG offline

OK... turned on debugging, reloaded the plugin and it all looks clean. No errors reported.

Yet the Indigo UI is still showing 'error' in the device list/State column, and the Device details remain as attached. All other devices seem to reflect the system's status correctly.
Attachments
20231107 Indigo Evohome plugin error.jpg
20231107 Indigo Evohome plugin error.jpg (27.89 KiB) Viewed 817 times

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:47 am
neilk offline

Thanks for that. Is the system mode correct, and does it change if you update it on the app ?

If that is the case I suspect it is the logic to clear the error that is not working and it should be easy to address. I will take a look.

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:44 pm
MartinG offline

The system mode is correct, but it does change if I make changes on the app. And (good news!) that also clears the error, and changes the 'last updated' custom state in the device details. So no more error apparently!

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:44 pm
neilk offline

Hi Martin,
Thanks for that, I have not seen the error, but I have created a version that should (if it happens again) clear the error on the next successful update without having to change the mode.

https://github.com/neilkplugins/evohome-indigo-plugin/releases/tag/2023.0.3-Alpha

I will keep it running, if it happens again you can try it, and otherwise I will roll it into the next release.

Neil