Prerelease version of Xtrol widget available

Posted on
Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:09 pm
DPattee offline

Prerelease version of Xtrol widget available

A prerelease of my single-device widget, called Xtrol, is now available.

You can get it from versiontracker.com (direct link:http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/22200), my website http://www.x-caiver.com/Software, or from the konfabulator.com listings (hasn't shown up in the gallery there yet, the first two links will have updated versions appear faster).

There are a couple of release notes about this preview:
    First pre-release. I'm calling it 1.0 Alpha, only because that is what I had in the splash screen and I didn't want to remake it. It is quite stable, and only has a couple rough edges.
    You have to enter the device name you want to control exactly how it appears in Indigo. Final 1.0 release will get a list of valid devices for you.
    Currently only works when run on the same machine that Indigo is running on. Final 1.0 release will support remote machine control.
    Only has two icon sets - a power button, and a light bulb. Final 1.0 release will have some additional sets, including a dimmer knob. Final 1.0 might have support for user-made sets.
    The icon will update its status to reflect any state changes made with other switches / automated:
    - You click it (of course!)
    - Your mouse hovers over it
    - You make a change to the preferences
    - Every 5 minutes
    Control of multiple devices will be in another widget called Complete Xtrol, which isn't ready yet

Posted on
Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:56 pm
dscottbuch offline

(No subject)

This sounds great. One idea you might keep in mind to to enable sending the code to a remote machine. Then from any computer on your home network you could have easy control functions.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:33 am
DPattee offline

Remote machine control coming...

Yep, that is the goal - to be able to control a couple frequently used devices from my main machine. I'm still getting my Indigo environment setup, so it is still on my main machine. Once I get my basic Indigo settings complete I'll move it over to my server, then I can verify remote control works & upload the new version. (my server doesn't have a monitor, and doing much configuration work via Apple Remote Desktop is kinda slow)

Posted on
Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:14 pm
dalenis offline

Remote targeting

Hi Don,

That is a cool widget you made! I really like the light bulb icon......

Actually it is very easy to enable remote targeting...... I added a bit of code to your .kon file and it works like a charm.

your code...
appleScript('tell application "Indigo" \n return on state

With added code for remote targeting...
appleScript('tell application "Indigo" of machine "eppc://username:password@192.168.1.205" \n return on state

I have yet to figure out how to set the variables to build the username, password and IP.........but I should have a bit of time tomorrow to try and sort it out.

Can't wait to see your final version!

Dale

Page 1 of 1