UPNP anyone?

Posted on
Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:29 pm
alistair offline

UPNP anyone?

Hi

I'm interested in starting to build some integration between Indigo and Sonos, which uses UPNP.

I'm picking up Applescript pretty quickly, but I've yet to find *anything* relating to UPNP anywhere.

Can anyone give me some pointers / guidance as to where I should look?

Thanks
Alistair

Posted on
Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:14 pm
johnbenj offline

(No subject)

This is great Alister. I assume you've found the neccessary uPnP info by now. But if not, check out the sonos forums because everything you need, including lots of examples and helpful people.

Posted on
Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:45 pm
Cosmuk offline

UPNP enabled

Hello,
I saw your post from a while back, just joined, but wanted to post a reply.
I use Elgato EyeConnect with an I-O Data network DVD player My mac now can be seen on all UpnP devices. Movies and music even HD Divx over my network.

Posted on
Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:50 pm
mattggarland offline

Re: UPNP anyone?

Sorry to drag up an old thread but perhaps someone here can help!
I am trying to find a basic, simple, no thrills upnp server. I have the following issue

Twonky was good but it now costs
I don't like the mandatory folders in PS3 media server
Media Connect is perfect, but keeps crashing
Using custom samba as my Oppo's manual suggests messes so many sharing properties up in OS X
XBMC once again is perfect, but I really want something thats light weight and forget-about-able.
The ones on the App store cost money and I'm loathed to pay for one that could be as bad as these^^
Im going through the free / cheap ones now but does anyone use one on OS X thats just simple, no transcoding, no full screen video player, just a list of files?

Matt

Posted on
Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:57 am
Vaillant offline

Not exactly basic an free but check out Media Center from JRiver.
There is a trial version you can try.
I searched for a good UPNP/DLNA solution and found myself sticking with this one.
You can configure it as just a server (disabeling renderer, controller).

Greetings.
Adrian

Posted on
Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:32 am
mattggarland offline

I will have a look, I remembered about one that I used to use at work some times, elgato eye connect. As far as I remember since it was discontinued the free trial doesent every try and activate its self, will confirm in 2 weeks. It's good though, installs as a preference pane and does exactly what it says on the tin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1