Using Weatherman with Indigo

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2005 8:02 am
wallachee offline

(No subject)

Ignore the post...I got the variables into Indigo..now I'm just trying to get Greg's sprinkler script to work...

-Bradley

Posted on
Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:31 pm
dtich offline

(No subject)

hi all.

i've got a script together that gets the few weather vars i'm interested in to indigo, and that's good.

but i was wondering if anyone knows how weathermanx gets its info? i trolled the noaa and other websites for web servers that give that info for the asking and it's not too clear. does anyone know the site and the basic code to retrieve current stats on a location?

what i'm trying to do, and what i set out to do before finding weatherman, is simply query the weather service site directly in a script, and not bother with automating another app. this should be easy, no?

any ideas?

thx.

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:42 pm
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

I believe weatherman scrapes data from the NOAA website. NOAA has some XML feeds, a few years ago I was playing with them trying to get weather data directly. I couldn't ever get all the data I wanted, things might have changed now.

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:54 pm
dtich offline

(No subject)

is anyone else having problems getting registration from weathermanx/afterten? i have tried to get in touch with dean for months and no luck. this is now an issue as my trial has expired and i use weatherman to automate sprinklers and humidifiers and things. REALLY ANNOYING.

i paid the registration fee like 8 weeks ago and have never received any response or reg code.

any info? tia.

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:17 am
dtich offline

(No subject)

my emails were going to his spam filter... sigh. paypal got his attention. all is resolved. fyi.