Problem with the plugin

Posted on
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:22 pm
marketability offline

Problem with the plugin

Hi -U've just belatedly updated both my plugin instances to 1.8 and the following error is appearing in the event log

Code: Select all
   Hue Lights Error                Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 10894, in setColorTemperature
  File "plugin.py", line 9258, in doColorTemperature
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

Anyone had a similar issue or could offer some advice?
Much appreciated!

Posted on
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:29 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Problem with the plugin

try this v:
https://github.com/nsheldon/Hue-Lights-Indigo-plugin/releases/tag/v1.8.5

when I changed unicode() function to be python 3.9 compatible I made some typos in the format statements it looks like.

Karl

Posted on
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:26 pm
marketability offline

Thanks! much appreciated
That seems to have sorted it

I am getting large quantities/constant strange event log messages from some of my Hue Taps and Dimmers saying buttons have been pressed when they haven't actually been activated, e.g.

Code: Select all
 press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Bedroom" ON button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Bedroom Peter" OFF button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Corridor" OFF button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Corridor" ON button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Stairs" OFF button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Tap Bedroom" button 3 press
   Hue Lights                      received "Tap Lounge" button 3 press
   Hue Lights                      received "Tap Lounge" button 2 press
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Bedrom 2 Sw" ON button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Bedroom" OFF button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Bedroom" ON button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Bedroom Peter" OFF button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Corridor" OFF button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Corridor" ON button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Stairs" OFF button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Tap Bedroom" button 3 press
   Hue Lights                      received "Tap Lounge" button 3 press
   Hue Lights                      received "Tap Lounge" button 2 press
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Bedrom 2 Sw" ON button press with short release
   Hue Lights                      received "Dimmer Hue Bedroom" OFF button press with short release

Posted on
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:55 am
kw123 offline

do you have 2 hue hubs/ gateways?

and that behavior just started?

and could you reboot your gateways?

and please check out
https://github.com/nsheldon/Hue-Lights-Indigo-plugin/releases/tag/v1.8.6
with option to switch logging on/off for sensor events and light and group changes ( in device edit)

Karl

Posted on
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:43 am
marketability offline

Thanks Karl - I did have two hubs/plugins but have disabled one plugin and changed the devices to the new plugin
Will take those steps!

Page 1 of 1