Amazing depth of capability

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:01 am
Different Computers offline

Amazing depth of capability

Nathan and others who assist:

I'd just like to thank you for the amazing capabilities of the Hue plugin. I was about to post a request for an extremely edge case, frivolous use of Hue to trigger a non-Hue light to match colors via Indigo when I checked to see if it was already possible to create a trigger based on a Hue light changing color. And of course, it is!

Now I can make my Nanoleafs match my Hues.

Related though: How many triggering events is too many for the hub to manage? The hub would be TELLING Indigo, not responding, but it would be telling potentially multiple times a second, since my use case is to make my Nanoleaf match the Hue as it responds to changes on the TV screen.

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:20 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Amazing depth of capability

maybe I spoke too soon?

status requests from the home window device screen return
Code: Select all
   Hue Lights Error                Error retrieving Hue device status: resource, /lights/15, not available

There seems to be a mismatch between light statuses in Indigo and what the Hue app reports, though this also seems to only be happening with one light strip--of course it's the one that I'm trying to get the status of! The misbehaving one and the one reporting correctly are both LST001 models.

When I try it with another light strip, it seems to be rate limited to every 2-3 seconds. Is that a thing?

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Page 1 of 1