Siri Requesting Confirmation on Action Groups

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 pm
makedrinklas offline

Siri Requesting Confirmation on Action Groups

Hi there, I figured I should start a new thread for this question. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue...

I have multiple actions published in HomeKit Link Siri and now when I issue a command, Siri is always responding with, "Should I turn it on or off?". Devices seem to neb working normally.

This is new and started occurring sometime after installing the latest updates to Sonoma 14.4.1, Indigo 2023.2 and HomeKitLink Siri 0.6.61. Not sure if they are connected or just coincidence but it sure is annoying to have to confirm with, "turn it on" after every action group linked command.

Any suggestions to have Siri to just simply execute commands without the follow up question ?

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:18 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Siri Requesting Confirmation on Action Groups

Hi,

Nothing has changed with plugin regarding this - well also probably more importantly we have no control over what SIri does with a said device. Other than publishing the device and making sure that it works with the Home ecosystem. Siri’s behaviour is up to the device running Siri and its own operating system.

So it will likely be a apple issue somewhere with their updates, and googling this issue in seems to have come and gone with various apple updates at certain times in the past.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 pm
makedrinklas offline

Re: Siri Requesting Confirmation on Action Groups

Okay, hopefully this resolves itself. Thanks for the help and the wonderful integration. It truly is amazing.

Page 1 of 1