Comms to appleTV not working

Posted on
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:36 pm
LSpad offline

Comms to appleTV not working

Hi there,

I've just installed the plugin and have successfully found my two ATVs (it also detected my two Airport Express and my mac mini in the scan). Whilst I can see the devices and the correct properties, the plugin doesn't detect any states or state changes. Sending commands also has no effect? I've set the plugin to full debug and I'm not getting anything in the log aside from the readout below

Code: Select all
Starting plugin "appleTV 1.1.14" (pid 28293)
   appleTV                         initializing  ...
   appleTV                         path To files:          =================
   appleTV                         indigo                  /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/
   appleTV                         installFolder           /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/
   appleTV                         plugin.py               /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Plugins/appleTV.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/
   appleTV                         Plugin params           /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Preferences/Plugins/com.karlwachs.appleTV/
   appleTV                         logger  enabled for     INFO           ==> TEST ONLY
   appleTV Warning                 logger  enabled for     WARNING        ==> TEST ONLY
   appleTV Error                   logger  enabled for     ERROR          ==> TEST ONLY
   appleTV Error                   logger  enabled for     CRITICAL       ==> TEST ONLY
   appleTV                         check                   /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Logs/com.karlwachs.appleTV/plugin.log  <<<<    for detailed logging
   appleTV                         Plugin short Name       appleTV
   appleTV                         my PID                  28293
   appleTV                         set params for indigo V 2021.2
   Started plugin "appleTV 1.1.14"
   appleTV                         START:  path To python3                /usr/local/bin/python3
   appleTV                         START:  check for new devices every    1440 minutes
   appleTV                         START:  runConcurrentThread, initialized loop settings
   appleTV Warning                 =====================================================================================================================================
   appleTV                         == New apple tv device created:"appletv_192.168.1.188"; with MAC#:68:A8:6D:5A:8B:EA; NO FURTHER action needed to activat/use device ==
   appleTV                         == check "plugin/menu/PRINT help to logfile" for available actions etc. ==
   appleTV Warning                 =====================================================================================================================================
   appleTV                         == New apple tv device created:"appletv_192.168.1.116"; with MAC#:90:84:0D:EA:C9:72; NO FURTHER action needed to activat/use device ==
   appleTV                         == check "plugin/menu/PRINT help to logfile" for available actions etc. ==
   appleTV                         == New apple tv device created:"appletv_192.168.1.114"; with MAC#:D0:03:4B:45:B2:05; NO FURTHER action needed to activat/use device ==
   appleTV                         == New apple tv device created:"appletv_192.168.1.22"; with MAC#:None; NO FURTHER action needed to activat/use device ==
   appleTV                         == New apple tv device created:"appletv_192.168.1.200"; with MAC#:70:73:CB:EC:B8:9F; NO FURTHER action needed to activat/use device ==

Grateful for any advice to get things running properly

Posted on
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:09 pm
durosity offline

Re: Comms to appleTV not working

the dev needs to update the plugin for changes made in tvOS 15, They are aware but they're currently moving half way around the world and don't have time for it right now!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:43 pm
dtich offline

Re: Comms to appleTV not working

Karl's landed in Wine, think he's slowly working back into dev mode with his spare time. Hopefully he sends up a flare on this soon. :D

Page 1 of 1