External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:17 pm
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

Folks,

I am looking to release v1.00 of the External IP Address Plugin for Indigo v5...

What does it do?

Well, it will tell you what your Internet Facing IP Address is (Typically it's your router's IP Address).

Now how much would you pay for that? Well, wait a second! That's not all!

It now can handle updating your dynDNS.com host records! That's right, every time the plugin refreshes, it will ensure that your DynDNS host is pointing to your current IP Address...

Now how much would you pay?

Well, you can't, it's free (*1*).

If your interested in helping Beta test the DynDNS portion of this plugin, please let me know... (Or if you use another Dynamic DNS provider, please contact me!, I want to try to add other providers...)

Questions, comments or concerns, please contact me at BENJAMIN at SCHOLLNICK dot NET.

- Benjamin

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:02 am
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5 (v1.00 release)

The v1.00 External IP Address Plugin is released...

What is the External IP Plugin?

External IP, is a Indigo plugin that will use connect to What is My IP (http://www.whatismyip.com), and find out what your current IP Address is.

Depending on your settings, it will allow you to export them to a Indigo Variable, or to an Indigo device. If you set up an "External IP" device, that device's statuses will reflect the following:

⁃ FetchingIP - Is the External IP plugin currently fetching an updated IP address?
⁃ CurrentIP - What your current externally facing IP address is from http://www.whatismyip.com
⁃ Waiting - The Plugin is currently waiting for the next connection to www.whatismyip.com
⁃ NextPoll - The Time/Date of the next scheduled Poll
⁃ PreviousPoll - The Time/Date of the last poll

The External IP Plugin requires an active Internet connection to reach http://www.whatismyip.com.

An optional feature, is that it will update your DynDNS host records, with the IP Address that it auto-detected from http://www.whatismyip.com. The Device states for the DynDNS device reflect these values:

⁃ DyndnsStatus - Was the previous DynDns update successful?
⁃ LastUpdated - What was the date/time of the last DynDns update.

This version was a major rewrite, since I never considered adding support for Dynamic DNS updating, when I originally designed this plugin.

I am interested in adding any other Free to use Dynamic DNS providers... Please feel free to leave a comment / suggestions on who else to add... (I can't afford to add paid services, since I am not going to pay for the priviledge... But I would be happy to have some one provide a patch for other services!)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/241415/Indigo%2 ... 20v100.zip

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:04 am
casagold offline
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 18, 2011

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

Thanks for creating this plugin. Can you give a little more info on exporting the IP Address to a variable. I have Checked the Export to Variable box but I don't see anywhere to specify the variable. Do I have to create a variable first and if so is there a specific name I have to give the variable?

Also, eventhough is showed my IP address in the initial check, the IP is not displayed in the "Your Detected IP (Read Only)" box.

Thanks for your help.

Posted on
Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:02 am
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

casagold wrote:
Thanks for creating this plugin. Can you give a little more info on exporting the IP Address to a variable. I have Checked the Export to Variable box but I don't see anywhere to specify the variable. Do I have to create a variable first and if so is there a specific name I have to give the variable?

Also, eventhough is showed my IP address in the initial check, the IP is not displayed in the "Your Detected IP (Read Only)" box.

Thanks for your help.


Thank you for pointing that out... I have added this, to the documentation....

If you choose to export the IP address to a variable, the plugin will automatically create a variable called "ExternalIP", and place the IP Address in that variable.


Try forcing the plugin to refresh, choose from the plugin menu, the "Force a manual refresh" for the External IP Address, and it should populate....

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:30 am
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

A new version of the External IP Address plugin is nearly ready...

But I am curious, what Dynamic DNS providers do you use? I am looking at which Dynamic DNS providers I can add, to increase the functionality of the External IP Address plugin.

Could you stop by here, and leave a comment with the Dynamic DNS provider you are using, and what their URL is? I am looking at the Dynamic DNS providers and seeing which ones I can add into the plugin.

I am concentrating on the Free providers, simply because I do not want to subscribe to a service I won't be using... If you are using a paid service, please contact me (either email or via comment), and if you are willing to beta test, I can see what I can do to add the paid service...

http://www.schollnick.net/wordpress/201 ... rly-ready/

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:16 am
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Release v1.05 of External IP & Dynamic IP Updater

A new version of the External IP & Dynamic IP Updater is ready...

These changes have been added, since the last public release:

• v1.05 - Released on 9/25/2011
⁃ Added Email options to the Dynamic DNS devices
⁃ You can now enable / disable sending an Email to a list of users when an IP Changes
⁃ The Email list is a list of email addresses that are separated by commas. (eg asuka@nerv.gov, rei@nerv.gov, shinji@nerv.gov)
⁃ If you use a single address, you do not need to use a comma (eg tendo@ranma.tv)
⁃ Please open all Dynamic devices, and update the device's settings, and make sure to save. If you do not, then you may receive warning messages indicating that indigo can not find/read those settings.
⁃ Added FreeDNS hostname IP Address updating
⁃ Fixed issue with the External IP Address Device not showing the Current IP Address in the Device Properties page
⁃ Added Disabled Field for FreeDNS & DynDNS to prevent updates from being pushed to the services. This allows the updates to be stopped, without having to delete the plugin device.
⁃ The "Last Updated" field in DynDNS seems to only be updated when a change is requested. So if your IP Address has not changed, that field will always return the time/date stamp of that initial update… It is only updated when your IP Address actually changes.
⁃ Fixed Bug in DynDNS & other dynamic IP updaters…
⁃ DynDNS requires that an update be sent only when the IP Address changes. So the code now restricts the Dynamic IP service updates to when the IP Address changes...
⁃ Added Plugin Upgrade notification, using http://www.indigo-plugins.com
⁃ If an update to the plugin becomes available, a notice will be placed in the log, whenever the plugin is restarted.

• v1.00 - Third Public Release
⁃ Added DynDNS hostname IP Address updating

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/241415/Indigo%2 ... 20v105.zip

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:28 pm
asw24b offline
Posts: 222
Joined: Dec 30, 2007
Location: Los Altos Hills, CA

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

I just tried enabling the plug-in with Indigo 5.0.1, and I get the following messages in the log; Is this normal ?

(I finally disabled the plug in to make it stop...)





External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorUnable to find External IP device, please create one.
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 357, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorUnable to find External IP device, please create one.
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 357, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorUnable to find External IP device, please create one.
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 357, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorUnable to find External IP device, please create one.
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 357, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorUnable to find External IP device, please create one.
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 357, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorUnable to find External IP device, please create one.
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 357, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorUnable to find External IP device, please create one.
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 357, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 pm
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

asw24b wrote:
I just tried enabling the plug-in with Indigo 5.0.1, and I get the following messages in the log; Is this normal ?

(I finally disabled the plug in to make it stop...)

External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorUnable to find External IP device, please create one.
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 357, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'


No it's certainly not normal.

Try re-enabling the plugin... For some reason, it sounds like the plugin can't find the External IP Address Plugin device... I'll take a look at the code, and make sure that error checking is still working properly....

Have you made a External IP Address plugin controller?

New Device --
Type: Plugin
Plugin: External IP Address Plugin
Model: External IP Detector

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 pm
asw24b offline
Posts: 222
Joined: Dec 30, 2007
Location: Los Altos Hills, CA

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

It started to throw the errors before I could create the instance of the device, so I just disabled it.

I tried again, this time creating a new device; While it seems to be showing the external IP address OK, it is still throwing errors.

I haven't had time to debug it further yet....


(Oh, I configured it as a "External IP Detector" model, checking every 6 hours.)




External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 356, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 204, in update_ip_address
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: update_dynamic_dns() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 356, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 223, in update_ip_address
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 356, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 223, in update_ip_address
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 356, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 223, in update_ip_address
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
External IP Address Plugin External IP Plugin Updating
External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 356, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 223, in update_ip_address
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds

Posted on
Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:45 pm
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

Strange idea... But what happens if you regress to v1.00?

I'll be looking into this shortly... But there's not enough hours in the day right now...

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 am
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

asw24b wrote:
It started to throw the errors before I could create the instance of the device, so I just disabled it.
I tried again, this time creating a new device; While it seems to be showing the external IP address OK, it is still throwing errors.


Okay, I found quite a few issues... There were a few issues with the DnsExit support, and calculating the next polling period. The next polling period was only working, if you had used one of the early versions of the External IP plugin. (It was looking in the plugin configuration, not the device configuration...)

I wasn't seeing the error since my plugin preferences still contained the original value...

I was able to duplicate your issue, and I believe I have a beta that should fix it. If you can drop me an email (benjamin at schollnick dot net), I'll bundle it up, and make sure it solves your problem before I release it to the public.

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:13 pm
asw24b offline
Posts: 222
Joined: Dec 30, 2007
Location: Los Altos Hills, CA

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

bschollnick2 wrote:
asw24b wrote:
It started to throw the errors before I could create the instance of the device, so I just disabled it.
I tried again, this time creating a new device; While it seems to be showing the external IP address OK, it is still throwing errors.


Okay, I found quite a few issues... There were a few issues with the DnsExit support, and calculating the next polling period. The next polling period was only working, if you had used one of the early versions of the External IP plugin. (It was looking in the plugin configuration, not the device configuration...)

I wasn't seeing the error since my plugin preferences still contained the original value...

I was able to duplicate your issue, and I believe I have a beta that should fix it. If you can drop me an email (benjamin at schollnick dot net), I'll bundle it up, and make sure it solves your problem before I release it to the public.


sent.

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:16 am
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

asw24b wrote:
bschollnick2 wrote:
asw24b wrote:
It started to throw the errors before I could create the instance of the device, so I just disabled it.
I tried again, this time creating a new device; While it seems to be showing the external IP address OK, it is still throwing errors.


Okay, I found quite a few issues... There were a few issues with the DnsExit support, and calculating the next polling period. The next polling period was only working, if you had used one of the early versions of the External IP plugin. (It was looking in the plugin configuration, not the device configuration...)

I wasn't seeing the error since my plugin preferences still contained the original value...

I was able to duplicate your issue, and I believe I have a beta that should fix it. If you can drop me an email (benjamin at schollnick dot net), I'll bundle it up, and make sure it solves your problem before I release it to the public.


sent.


I didn't see any emails from you... Did you Private Message me here on the Indigo forums? (I have one pending in DM, which I just sent out).

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:30 pm
durosity offline
User avatar
Posts: 3108
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Ye Ol' England.

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

Hi,

Unfortunately i’m getting the same issue:

Code: Select all
  External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 356, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 223, in update_ip_address
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

  External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)


I’ve only just started using the plugin, so i never had any of the earlier versions.. i tried installing v1.00 but that wouldn’t even start, and i can’t find any of the older versions.. any chance of that beta? :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 am
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1294
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: External IP Plugin for Indigo v5

durosity wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately i’m getting the same issue:

Code: Select all
  External IP Address Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 356, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 223, in update_ip_address
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key UpdateTime not found in dict'

  External IP Address Plugin Errorplugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)


I’ve only just started using the plugin, so i never had any of the earlier versions.. i tried installing v1.00 but that wouldn’t even start, and i can’t find any of the older versions.. any chance of that beta? :)


Try, this version...
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/241415/Externa ... 20v107.zip

I believe it will resolve your issue. Let me know the results, so that I can officially post it for downloads...

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest