Log Viewer

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:24 pm
DVDDave offline

Re: Log Viewer

After chugging along fine with the log viewer for over a year, I suddenly began receiving the same "internal server error" discussed earlier in this thread. I'm not sure exactly when it started since I don't remember looking at the log for at least a week or so.

This morning I installed the new Utilities plugin and enabled SQL Logging, so I suspect that might have something to do with the problem. However, I disabled both plugins and discarded today's log in case it had bad characters that were causing an issue. I still get the internal server error though.

Any ideas? Thanks.

--Dave

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:27 pm
DVDDave offline

DVDDave wrote:
After chugging along fine with the log viewer for over a year, I suddenly began receiving the same "internal server error" discussed earlier in this thread. I'm not sure exactly when it started since I don't remember looking at the log for at least a week or so.

This morning I installed the new Utilities plugin and enabled SQL Logging, so I suspect that might have something to do with the problem. However, I disabled both plugins and discarded today's log in case it had bad characters that were causing an issue. I still get the internal server error though.

Any ideas? Thanks.

--Dave

Argh. I deleted the sql files created by the sql logger and the log viewer started working again. I'll go back and retrace my steps to make sure it was not a coincidence. However, I don't understand why one or both of these programs should interfere with the log viewer.

--Dave

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:24 am
DVDDave offline

DVDDave wrote:
...Also, one completely minor problem with the Log Viewer is that the number of days to show the log is off by one; e.g., asking for 3 days only shows 2. I have not looked through this whole thread so my apologies if this has been discussed before. Aside from that, it seems to work perfectly with Indigo 6.

--Dave

I had reported this minor problem a while back. With the latest update, it seems to have gotten worse and now I have to select 4 days to view in order to see one day; i.e., the day selection is now off by 3. Otherwise, it seems to work normally.

Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

--Dave

Posted on
Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:56 am
rafsel offline

I am getting this error after running into the "Null byte" issue and therefore cleaning out the log directory and the .sqlite file. It rebuilds the db without errors but then when I try to access the web page I get the error below. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Code: Select all
Feb 26, 2016, 9:55:08 AM
  WebServer                       internal server error "http://192.168.2.107:8176/Eventlog/" from 192.168.2.69
  WebServer                       

Request Headers:
  REFERER: http://192.168.2.107:8176/
  HOST: 192.168.2.107:8176
  CACHE-CONTROL: max-age=0
  ACCEPT: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
  USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_3) AppleWebKit/601.4.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0.3 Safari/601.4.4
  CONNECTION: keep-alive
  Remote-Addr: 192.168.2.69
  ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en-us
  DNT: 1
  ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip, deflate

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoWebServer/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 609, in respond
    cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoWebServer/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoWebServer/plugins/Eventlog/reqhandler.py", line 210, in index
    csv_data, tag_data, dates = _read_indigo_log_file(r'%s' % filename, csv_data, tag_data, dates)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoWebServer/plugins/Eventlog/reqhandler.py", line 65, in _read_indigo_log_file
    csv_file = csv.reader(open(filename, "rU"), delimiter = '\t')
IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory

WebServer                       undefined page requested "http://192.168.2.107:8176/Eventlog/css/global4.css" from 192.168.2.69
  WebServer                       undefined page requested "http://192.168.2.107:8176/Eventlog/css/fonts.css" from 192.168.2.69
  WebServer                       undefined page requested "http://192.168.2.107:8176/Eventlog/css/indigo4.css" from 192.168.2.69

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:19 pm
DVDDave offline

I modified the reqhandler.py file so it would point to the Indigo 7 log file but I'm getting an "internal server error" when I try to view the log with this tool. Any ideas for getting this to work with Indigo 7 logs? Thanks.

--Dave

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:39 am
DVDDave offline

DVDDave wrote:
I modified the reqhandler.py file so it would point to the Indigo 7 log file but I'm getting an "internal server error" when I try to view the log with this tool. Any ideas for getting this to work with Indigo 7 logs? Thanks.

--Dave

I figured it out, and the solution also solved an earlier problem I reported where the number of days returned was wrong. The problem is that the log now includes directories for plugin log entries and the code didn't like this. I changed line 107 to filter the log files for just text files ending in Event:

Code: Select all
         log_files = glob.glob (indigo_path+'/*Events.txt')

This also gets rid of other extraneous files that might be present. However, this means the new plugin log entries don't show up in the table. I imagine code could be added to look in the new directories but this is beyond my skills at the moment.

--Dave

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:30 pm
Different Computers offline

I'm not using this plugin, but lack of wide support for non-ASCII would kill it for me, as my events and modes are full of things like:

(Fyi, this is a screen shot because trying to post these characters threw an SQL error!_
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 1.30.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 1.30.34 PM.png (32.76 KiB) Viewed 6155 times

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP