Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 am
Busta999 offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Different Computers wrote:
Busta999 wrote:
marketability wrote:
I prefer the Hue Motion Detectors because they will will control lights even if Indigo goes down..

Has this ever, ever happened?

Not yet.

But you are correct, I said it wrong. Indigo is 100% reliable never had an issue.

My concern is that MacOS fouls up. The computer crashes. The router takes a dump. The Unifi gets unplugged or crashes. All of these have happened at one time or another without any human interaction, I lie, my wife accidentally unplugged one of the Unifi boxes once.

I guess I think of Indigo as the brain of the home automation body.
There are certain things I want to be on the involuntary nervous system and others to be controlled by the brain.

Besides, to keep the HA budget approval process smooth it is best that basic stuff like lights turning should have as few moving parts as possible to keep it simple, keep it reliable.

I have absolute confidence in Indigo, and very high confidence in everything else, but if you stack all the small percentages of failure on top of each other the risks get greater.

In matters relating to my wife’s happiness, I am extremely conservative:-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:50 pm
bschollnick2 offline

A couple of Bugs...Possibly?

Nathan,

I just set up a philips Hue install, and I ended up wandering through the device configurations trying to find my bulbs...

1) Until I restarted the plugin (Plugin -> Hue Lights -> Reload Plugin), I couldn't find any of the devices that were setup?
2) As I mentioned above, I ended up changing the device type multiple times, so I suspect that is the root cause. But I finally found the lights from the starter kit (Ambiance). And everything worked fine, but a few moments after I used the light, the indigo log started filling up with the following, at roughly a pair of messages every 1-2 seconds.
Error LowLevelBadParameterError -- invalid color level key whiteLevel for device Ben Rec Room Lamp
Error LowLevelBadParameterError -- invalid color level key whiteTemperature for device Ben Rec Room Lamp
Error LowLevelBadParameterError -- invalid color level key whiteLevel for device Ben Rec Room Lamp
Error LowLevelBadParameterError -- invalid color level key whiteTemperature for device Ben Rec Room Lamp

Other than those two minor issues, the plugin is working fantastically.

And the build quality on the philips products is making me consider then more than the Insteon products (For things other than the lights).
(eg. The magnetic mount for the light switch, and the motion sensor)

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:37 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Thanks for the info.

So is the "Ben Rec Room Lamp" light a new Ikea bulb? Is it dimming only or does it support color temperature changes? Lights found in the "Ambiance" device types are all supposed to support color temperature changing (but not full color changes).

Maybe you could get some debug logs to share so I can see what's going on better.

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:49 am
bschollnick2 offline

nsheldon wrote:
Hi.

Thanks for the info.

So is the "Ben Rec Room Lamp" light a new Ikea bulb? Is it dimming only or does it support color temperature changes? Lights found in the "Ambiance" device types are all supposed to support color temperature changing (but not full color changes).

Maybe you could get some debug logs to share so I can see what's going on better.

Well, after recreating the device, I'm not seeing any issues.

The light does not seem to offer color changing abilities but does support dimming... I'll see if I can recreate the issue and capture some logs...

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:56 am
nick.perry offline

nsheldon wrote:
As for switches, because there'd still be a 2 second delay between when a switch was tapped and when the plugin detected the tap, that probably wouldn't provide the kind of experience most people would expect from a switch. So unless Philips changes something to facilitate a faster update time for switches, that probably won't be supported by the plugin.

For my money, this wouldn't be a complete waste of time as it's helpful to have non-Hue devices 'catch up' to the scene set by the Hue switch. For instance in my bathroom I have the Hue switch set the lights to scene A at a brightness of 100% and scene B with warmer light at 99%. I use these subtle brightness differences as triggers to get Indigo to start an action - albeit 2 seconds later, to set other Z-Wave lights and a fan on to appropriate levels for those scenes. It would be nice if it were faster but the lag is acceptable.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:25 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.6.7 Posted

• Added support for another Hue GU10 bulb model (LTW015).
  • Added support for minimum and maximum color temperature ranges of color temperature lights in Indigo 7.1.

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:09 pm
pmarkham offline

I love this plugin, but I'm having an issue getting it to recognize my IKEA Tradfri Lightbulb.

I've pasted the debug below:

Hue Lights Debug Sending command to hub: http://192.168.16.137/api/t4yOISAQ9wfda ... Ux7/lights
Hue Lights Debug Got response {u'1': {u'swversion': u'5.38.2.19136', u'name': u"Pete's Lamp", u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:10:40:dd:e3-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'LWB006'}, u'3': {u'swversion': u'5.50.1.19085', u'name': u'Color Lamp Torch', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:10:2d:49:d8-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'hue': 15247, u'colormode': u'ct', u'effect': u'none', u'alert': u'lselect', u'xy': [0.4474, 0.4073], u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'ct': 350, u'sat': 125}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'type': u'Extended color light', u'modelid': u'LCT007'}, u'2': {u'swversion': u'5.38.2.19136', u'name': u"Melissa's Lamp", u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:10:40:df:02-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'LWB006'}, u'5': {u'swversion': u'1.15.2_r19181', u'name': u'Color Lamp Couch', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:02:78:eb:fd-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'hue': 8558, u'colormode': u'ct', u'effect': u'none', u'alert': u'lselect', u'xy': [0.4477, 0.4075], u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'ct': 350, u'sat': 125}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'swconfigid': u'A315E69E', u'productid': u'Philips-LCT014-1-A19ECLv4', u'type': u'Extended color light', u'modelid': u'LCT014'}, u'4': {u'swversion': u'5.38.2.19136', u'name': u'Desk Lamp', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:02:09:7d:bb-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'LWB006'}, u'7': {u'swversion': u'1.2.214', u'name': u'Basement Washer', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:8c:05:1b-01', u'state': {u'on': True, u'reachable': True, u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'select'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI bulb E26 opal 1000lm'}, u'6': {u'swversion': u'1.15.2_r19181', u'name': u'Color Lamp 3', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:02:70:f1:4a-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'hue': 8558, u'colormode': u'ct', u'effect': u'none', u'alert': u'lselect', u'xy': [0.4477, 0.4075], u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'ct': 350, u'sat': 125}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'swconfigid': u'A315E69E', u'productid': u'Philips-LCT014-1-A19ECLv4', u'type': u'Extended color light', u'modelid': u'LCT014'}}
Hue Lights Debug Loaded lights list - {u'1': {u'swversion': u'5.38.2.19136', u'name': u"Pete's Lamp", u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:10:40:dd:e3-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'LWB006'}, u'3': {u'swversion': u'5.50.1.19085', u'name': u'Color Lamp Torch', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:10:2d:49:d8-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'hue': 15247, u'colormode': u'ct', u'effect': u'none', u'alert': u'lselect', u'xy': [0.4474, 0.4073], u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'ct': 350, u'sat': 125}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'type': u'Extended color light', u'modelid': u'LCT007'}, u'2': {u'swversion': u'5.38.2.19136', u'name': u"Melissa's Lamp", u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:10:40:df:02-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'LWB006'}, u'5': {u'swversion': u'1.15.2_r19181', u'name': u'Color Lamp Couch', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:02:78:eb:fd-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'hue': 8558, u'colormode': u'ct', u'effect': u'none', u'alert': u'lselect', u'xy': [0.4477, 0.4075], u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'ct': 350, u'sat': 125}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'swconfigid': u'A315E69E', u'productid': u'Philips-LCT014-1-A19ECLv4', u'type': u'Extended color light', u'modelid': u'LCT014'}, u'4': {u'swversion': u'5.38.2.19136', u'name': u'Desk Lamp', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:02:09:7d:bb-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'alert': u'none'}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'LWB006'}, u'7': {u'swversion': u'1.2.214', u'name': u'Basement Washer', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:0b:57:ff:fe:8c:05:1b-01', u'state': {u'on': True, u'reachable': True, u'bri': 254, u'alert': u'select'}, u'manufacturername': u'IKEA of Sweden', u'type': u'Dimmable light', u'modelid': u'TRADFRI bulb E26 opal 1000lm'}, u'6': {u'swversion': u'1.15.2_r19181', u'name': u'Color Lamp 3', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'noupdates', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:17:88:01:02:70:f1:4a-0b', u'state': {u'on': False, u'hue': 8558, u'colormode': u'ct', u'effect': u'none', u'alert': u'lselect', u'xy': [0.4477, 0.4075], u'reachable': True, u'bri': 1, u'ct': 350, u'sat': 125}, u'manufacturername': u'Philips', u'swconfigid': u'A315E69E', u'productid': u'Philips-LCT014-1-A19ECLv4', u'type': u'Extended color light', u'modelid': u'LCT014'}}

Based on what I see there, I suspect the problem is that the lightbulb is identifying itself as a TRADFRI bulb E26 opal 1000lm and your support is for the TRADFRI E27.

Is that something that can be fixed? It is just a dimmable white light only.

--Pete

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:06 pm
CliveS offline

pmarkham wrote:

Based on what I see there, I suspect the problem is that the lightbulb is identifying itself as a TRADFRI bulb E26 opal 1000lm and your support is for the TRADFRI E27.

Is that something that can be fixed? It is just a dimmable white light only.

--Pete

I am sure Nathan will add it to the list of valid bulbs but if you are happy to change the 'supportedDevices.py' file then right down the bottom are the lines

Code: Select all
# Compatible LivingWhites devices. (Dimming only.  No color change of any kind)
kLivingWhitesDeviceIDs = ['LWB001', 'LWB003', 'LWB004', 'LWB006', 'LWB007', 'LWB010', 'LWB014', 'LWL001', 'ZLL Light', 'FLS-PP3 White', 'TRADFRI bulb E27 opal 1000lm']

Changing the E27 to E26 should get it working (as long as you don't have an E27 as well!) until the next update from Nathan.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:44 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.6.8 Posted

• Added support for another IKEA dimmable light (E26 model).

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:31 pm
petematheson offline

Quick question for you all out there.

With Hue of course, unless you have a Hue Switch, the hue bulbs themselves get switched off and aren't contactable by flicking a normal light switch.
I only have this in one room in the house (others are always on / controlled by other Z-Wave or Hue switches).

I have a group of 3 bulbs in the living room.
When the wife leaves the room for the night, she hits the light switch - fair enough.

However, Indigo still see's these lights as on, even though they're not.

This cocks up some of my bedtime routines in Indigo as it still thinks that lights are on.
I can fix it manually by pressing Off on the lights in Indigo, but is there a way for Indigo to know they're off?

They don't even change to disconnected - they still show as lights = on.

Cheers!

Posted on
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:45 am
CliveS offline

petematheson wrote:
Quick question for you all out there.

With Hue of course, unless you have a Hue Switch, the hue bulbs themselves get switched off and aren't contactable by flicking a normal light switch.
I only have this in one room in the house (others are always on / controlled by other Z-Wave or Hue switches).

I have a group of 3 bulbs in the living room.
When the wife leaves the room for the night, she hits the light switch - fair enough.

However, Indigo still see's these lights as on, even though they're not.

This cocks up some of my bedtime routines in Indigo as it still thinks that lights are on.
I can fix it manually by pressing Off on the lights in Indigo, but is there a way for Indigo to know they're off?

They don't even change to disconnected - they still show as lights = on.

Cheers!

I also have the same situation for the Hue's I haven't got round to putting on a Fibaro switch or dimmer and until your question I just left it as is but I thought I would try to find an answer (I cannot program in Python - I dabble until it 'sometimes' works :) )

I expect someone will come up with some fancy 1 liner but try this

I made a Schedule of time 'Every 10 seconds' and 'Hide execution in event log'
In Conditions 'If device' > 'Your Hue Light' > 'On/Off state' > 'is On'
And Actions 'Embedded Python' code of

HueDevice = indigo.devices[764618751]  #Replace with your Hue Device ID
if HueDevice.errorState == "disconnected":
   indigo.server.log(u"Status: Hue Light Wall Switch Off")
   indigo.device.turnOff(HueDevice)   

Hope that helps and if anyone can improve it then please do.

Edit..Just noticed that it turns off the light but does not update the state in the UI.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:18 am
petematheson offline

CliveS wrote:
Edit..Just noticed that it turns off the light but does not update the state in the UI.

Does that mean it doesn’t work then?
I have triggers for if all house lights are off then .. so it would be great to get them all reporting off - although I guess it’s not possible as the state will be disconnected, as that’s exactly what it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:49 pm
CliveS offline

No it works fine, it may take 20-60 seconds to respond but I think that is down to the time the Hue plugin takes to poll the device to see if it is off manually.

10 Nov 2017, 19:24:17
   Sent Hue Lights                 "Hall Porch Light" off at ramp rate 0.0 sec.   < Off
   Sent Hue Lights                 "Hall Porch Light" on to 50 at ramp rate 5.0 sec.  <Turned on by Indigo
   Sent Hue Lights                 "Hall Porch Light" on to 100 at ramp rate 5.0 sec. < Increased by Indigo

Manually turn Light Off with Wall Switch

Schedule                        Hue Disconnection By Wall Switch < 15 Second Schedule runs - no hit

10 Nov 2017, 19:24:45
   Schedule                        Hue Disconnection By Wall Switch < Same 15 Seconds later

10 Nov 2017, 19:25:01
   Schedule                        Hue Disconnection By Wall Switch < Again
   Script                          Status: Hue Porch Light Wall Switch Off <Bingo
   Sent Hue Lights                 "Hall Porch Light" off at ramp rate 5.0 sec.
   Trigger                         Hue Porch Light Off Script Trigger < Trigger when Porch Light On/Off State Becomes Off
   Action Collection               If you see this then Hue triggered when Off Script  run - It Worked!!

At this point both Indigo GUI and Indigo Touch show Off and slider at 0, also disconnected shows but that is irrelevant here as Indigo can see the light is off (it just sent a command to do it) and you have a trigger that you can use if required and it is as if you have done a 'manually by pressing Off on the lights in Indigo'

CliveS

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:28 pm
akimball offline

This special has ended: Gen 2 philips hue lightstrip with controller, limited to quantity 3, available at amazon.com for 49.95usd each. Normally 89.95usd. I expect these to go fast. I’ve had amazing results with these.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-LightStr ... trip&psc=1

Never seen them for less than 89.95. If you buy 3 you save $120. I expect them to go fast.

P.S. Ignore the amazon typo that says there is a newer model of this item....there isn’t, they erroneously give you a link to the 1-meter extension cable. This product is 2 meters, the starter piece you need, and comes with the controller/power supply.

Addendum, the anatomy of these strips is that they are soldered together out of six 13” long sub-strips, which you can take apart easily with a solder station heated-air gun and reuse. Don’t follow directions to use scissors! Doing so can render parts of the remaing pieces unuseable, although you can reverse feed power through the other end....i’ve done it. The 13” strips can be reassembled with new 6-pin connectors (i bought these from amazon) and you can put extension wires or whatever you need. Its a bit of work but worth it. If anyone is interested I can go into more detail. Yes, they come apart with a soldering iron, with alot more effort. Note the 1-meter extension strips have three 13” sub-strips.

-al
Last edited by akimball on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Al

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:27 am
forestfield offline

On a whim I've bought some Innr rs-128T gu 10's that are sold as hue compatible.

They're not initially recognised by the Hue Plugin (1.6.8). Hopefully this is right info from the event log.

u'63': {u'swversion': u'2.0', u'name': u'DR - Innr 1', u'swupdate': {u'state': u'notupdatable', u'lastinstall': None}, u'uniqueid': u'00:15:8d:00:01:cc:6e:c8-01', u'state': {u'on': True, u'colormode': u'ct', u'alert': u'select', u'reachable': True, u'bri': 254, u'ct': 200}, u'manufacturername': u'innr', u'type': u'Color temperature light', u'modelid': u'RS 128 T'}

If I add 'RS 128 T' to the kAmbianceDeviceIDs section of supported.py I can add the bulb to Indigo and brighten/dim it; but I don't see an option to control the temperature in the indigo client - I was sort of expecting a cooler temp slider!. I don't have any other colour temp. only hues; so I'm not sure if there should be one or not

Cheers
-- Paul --

Page 54 of 103 1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 103