Re: Hue Lights discussion

You're welcome. :-)

Posted on
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:30 pm
Different Computers offline

Code: Select all
   Started plugin "Hue Lights 1.6.1"
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 20 lights.
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 5 groups.
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 49 scenes.
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 2 sensors.

SWEET!

How do I figure out what and where the two sensors are? 'Cause I don't have any Hue sensors as far as I know, and not even a single Zigbee sensor still operating. And when I go to New device/Hue/Sensor nothing appears.

Also I don't think I have that many scenes. Could be wrong about that, though I would have guessed single digits for that number.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 pm
marketability offline

Nathan may be able to help more but my setup does produce odd numbers
the lights count is about right
groups (i think) includes Taps and Dimmers
I have 2 sensors on the hub below but it does report "30"

I tend to ignore the below as the plugin works fine!

Hue Lights                      Loaded 21 lights.
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 10 groups.
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 104 scenes.
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 30 sensors.

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:01 am
nsheldon offline

Hi guys.

So yea, those numbers, especially scenes and sensors, can be misleading. Here's how it works...

All of those numbers are raw counts directly from the Hue hub for each category. The numbers don't always mean the Hue Lights plugin can see everything in a particular category, especially the Sensors category.

For lights, the Hue Lights plugin should be able to work with all lights that are paired with the Hue hub. If you can't create a Hue Lights device for a light on the Hub, that's something I'd need to fix and you should let me know about that.

For groups, the Hue app for iOS (and probably for Android too) creates a separate group for each room you define in the app. You can also create your own groups with 3rd party apps like Lightbow for iOS. The Hue hub, though (last I read anyway), has a limit of 16 groups. So you probably don't want to define too many of your own groups. The Hue Lights plugin should be able to see all of those groups, in addition to the default All Lights group which always exists.

For scenes, yes, that's an accurate number of scenes as reported by the Hue hub. However, that number includes all scenes created by all creating applications. A "creating application" could be the Hue app on your iPhone, another copy of the Hue app on your iPad, the Lightbow app on your iPod touch, etc. Each time you pair the Hue app with the Hue hub from a different device, the Hue app creates a bunch of Hue scenes that are separate from the scenes from your other iOS or Android devices. You can see all of those Hue scenes by creating an Indigo Action Group and selecting "Hue Lights Actions" -> "Recall Hue Scene" from the Type pop-up menu and then "All Scene Creators" from the "Scene Creator" popup menu that will appear. You'll notice that the list of scenes in the "Scenes" popup menu is long, and there are lots of duplicates. That's because every Hue app on every device creates its own copy of every scene (so each device can have their own unique set of scenes).

For sensors, the Hue hub comes preconfigured with 2 virtual sensors as soon as you set it up: "Daylight" and "HomeAway". The first is used in as a condition in schedules so you can set things to only happen at night or during the day. The second is used for the geofencing features of the Hue system. You don't have to have any actual hardware sensor paired with the hub for those to be there. So everyone with a modern Hue hub firmware will have at least those 2 sensors even if they don't actually have any hardware sensors. Also, at least with the Hue Motion Sensor, as soon as you pair it with the Hue hub, the hub automatically creates 4 different sensors for the 1 piece of hardware (motion, temperature, light level, and a virtual sensor for use with IFTTT service). So with just 1 piece of hardware, you have 4 sensors on the hub. Hue Dimmers and the Hue Tap are also sensors (though the Hue Lights plugin cannot work with those). As you can imagine, adding more hardware sensors will quickly increase the sensor count reported by the Hue Lights plugin, and that number won't match the actual number of hardware sensors.

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:56 am
marketability offline

... and out of the mists of confusion comes clarity!

thanks for that Nathan

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:07 am
nsheldon offline

Ha! Glad I could de-uh-mistify things. :shock: :wink:

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:44 am

Thanks much for the explanation!

I had no idea there was a HomeAway function--maybe it's only usable in V2 hubs? I have a V1.

If it is usable, how might we harness it?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:26 am
nsheldon offline

The Hue app has a "Routines" section where you can set up basic triggers including a "Home & Away" trigger based on your iOS device location. It should work in the v1 hub as well but I'm not positive.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:23 pm
mroest offline

Hi Guy's, I have a lot of error messages since tha latest update. Does anyone experience these as well and / or has a solution.

I have 2 v2 hubs and thus 2 hue plugins. I get constant errors like:

Failed to load the sensors list from the hue hub at <ip address> after 4 seconds, check settings and retry.. thus also happens for groups and lights for both the hubs.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi Marc.

A couple of things to check.

1. Does the Hue app on your iOS or Android device work? Can you turn Hue bulbs on and off with the Hue app? If not, there's a problem with your Hue hub (a.k.a. bridge) and you'll need to get that working first.
  2. Can you turn Hue bulbs on and off from within Indigo? If not, then the Hue Lights plugin isn't able to connect to the Hue hub. Make sure the Hue Lights plugin is configured with the correct IP address for the Hue hub. If it isn't, it won't work and will give those errors. Also, be sure the Hue Lights plugin is paired with hub.
  3. Is your Hue hub updated with the latest firmware? If it's using an old firmware version you might get that error even if you can turn lights on and off.

Posted on
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Just echoing here: When I got errors like that, it was always due to some sort of network problem.

Posted on
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:45 pm
mroest offline

I removed both plugins and reinstalled them. The past few hours it went ok. So for now I assume I made a mistake in updating the second plugin (for my second bridge) in some parameter.

If it might happen again I'll get back to you. Thanks a lot for your quick and detailed reply.
And off course for the ideal plugin..

Marc

Posted on
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:51 pm
nsheldon offline

HI Marc.

I'm glad you were able to get it working.

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:41 am
Busta999 offline

Hi

Just moved house, just restarting Indigo and adding back all the bits and pieces.

Out of the box I am running into this error from the Hue Plugin.

Hue Lights Error                Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 321, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 5911, in parseAllHueGroupsData
  File "plugin.py", line 5967, in parseOneHueGroupData
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for /: 'str' and 'float'

Hue Lights Error                plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Now, everything is in a mess right now, just bringing everything back online.

Any idea what this is about?

Not at all urgent - I have a lot of things to keep me busy right now :-)

Mike

Posted on
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:41 am
nsheldon offline

Hi Mike.

Not sure what would cause that. I'll need debug logs that include everything from the point were you reload the plugin up to where that error appears.

Page 50 of 103 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 103