Hue bulb error then not found

Posted on
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:24 am
bbruck offline

Hue bulb error then not found

I have been successfully using this wonderful plugin for my 14 Hue bulbs. A few weeks ago I started getting these two errors on one bulb:

Updated "RecRoom BackRight Uplight" on to 100
Error LowLevelBadParameterError -- invalid color level key whiteLevel for device RecRoom BackRight Uplight
Error LowLevelBadParameterError -- invalid color level key whiteTemperature for device RecRoom BackRight Uplight

This would fire off every couple seconds, so I disconnected indigo communication with this device. Today I tried to debug the problem again, starting by re-loading the Hue Hub configuration. Now the bulb does not even appear on the list of hue devices, although it is included in the count of devices. What I mean is that when I reload the configuration, the Indigo log says Loaded 14 lights. However, when I use Plugins > Hue Lights > Recall Preset, I do not see this device listed, and I count only 13 devices.

I can control the device perfectly from within the Hue app.

Thoughts?

Posted on
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:03 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue bulb error then not found

Did you re-enable communication with the RecRoom BackRight Uplight in Indigo? That might be why it’s not appearing in the Recall Preset list of available devices.

Also, I’ll need to see some debug logs that show what happens before and up to that error message. You can enable debug logging in the Hue Lights plugin menu in Indigo. After enabling debug logging, reload the Hue Lights plugin and try to reproduce the error again then paste the log into your reply. I can try to figure out why you’re seeing that error.

Posted on
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 am
bbruck offline

Thanks Nathan. You must have scared it. It's like taking your car to the mechanic and the intermittent problem goes away! But this problem was NOT intermittent. Anyway, whatever I did in reinstalling, reconfiguring, praying, and in a stern voice telling the device that Nathan Is Coming For You must have worked. Not having any problems now.

Appreciate the rapid response.

Posted on
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 am
nsheldon offline

Haha! Awesome! Glad it’s working as expected now. :-D

Page 1 of 1