Hue Plugin 1.4.5 - CPU Load

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:01 am
marketability offline

Hue Plugin 1.4.5 - CPU Load

Hi - I'm noticing pretty spiky CPU load on the Hue Plugin and wondered if anyone else had seen that

I'm running an i5 2.5GHz with 16Gb RAM and the Hue plugin takes it CPU load to 40 - 60% every minute or so
not exactly a problem per se - just wondered if that was expected/ususal?

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:07 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Plugin 1.4.5 - CPU Load

Thanks for the report. I wouldn't say it's expected. I'm curious if anyone else is seeing that too. I haven't, but I have a relatively small installation. Do you see the same CPU load on version 1.4.4?

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:40 pm
marketability offline

Hi Nathan
Not 100% sure but didn't think I saw it with 1.4.4
I'll keep an eye on things and let you know
Cheers & Thanks

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:19 pm
marketability offline

Its definitely spiking every 30 seconds or so - typically to 25% but fairly often to 50% plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:17 pm
nsheldon offline

Interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with the number of Indigo devices you have controlling Hue devices. How many Hue devices do you have that are being controlled by Indigo?

If the CPU spikes are an issue, you can downgrade to version 1.4.4. Just open the /Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins folder and move the Hue Lights plugin onto the desktop or some other location. Then restart the Indigo server before installing the 1.4.4 version. The old version can be downloaded at http://www.nathansheldon.com/files/Hue-Lights-1.4.4.zip.

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:25 am
marketability offline

Thanks Nathan
BTW 36 lights and 13 groups

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:38 pm
johntock offline

I was seeing the same behavior. Downgrading to 1.4.4 fixed the issue.

I have 35 Lights and 11 Groups

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:29 pm
nsheldon offline

Thanks for the report. I'll keep looking into it.

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:33 am
johntock offline

As an aside, just in case this is related. When using 1.4.5, I also could not add/edit any Hue Groups.
The log would show the following error:

unDialogForDevice() caught exception: PAXDialogControllerError -- Field ID groupId was already used. Every <Field> element must have a unique field ID.

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:26 am
nsheldon offline

Whoa! That's odd. I'll check into that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:53 pm
nsheldon offline

Beta 1.4.6b1 Available

Would you guys mind testing out a potential release version of the Hue Lights 1.4.6 plugin for me before I actually release it? I'd like to be sure there aren't any big issues with it before posting the final release version.

I'm hoping this version fixes the high CPU issue and the Hue Group edit settings error.

Please download, install, and try out the 1.4.6b1 version here. Let me know if it fixes the high CPU usage and Hue Groups editing errors, and if there are any new errors that I missed.

Thanks guys!

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:36 am
marketability offline

on it now

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:02 am
marketability offline

Hi Nathan

Still looks like the CPU load is high - 20% every 10-15 second with an occasional 40-50% spike every 30-60 seconds

I do have some problematic lights that appear unreachable and that the plugin for the first time says are not available. They used to load up fine in the plugin.

Code: Select all
 Reloading plugin "Hue Lights 1.4.6b1"
   Stopping plugin "Hue Lights 1.4.6b1" (pid 2736)
   Stopped plugin "Hue Lights 1.4.6b1"
   Starting plugin "Hue Lights 1.4.6b1" (pid 2872)
   Schedule                        Airfoil Check Volumes
   Action Group                    Airfoil Update Volumes
   Started plugin "Hue Lights 1.4.6b1"
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 34 lights.
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 14 groups.
   Hue Lights Error                Error retrieving Hue device status: resource, /lights/22, not available
   Hue Lights Error                The "Bedroom Anteroom" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                Error retrieving Hue device status: resource, /lights/25, not available
   Hue Lights Error                Error retrieving Hue device status: resource, /lights/19, not available
   Hue Lights Error                The "Kitchen Cooker Left" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Kitchen Cooker Right" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                Error retrieving Hue device status: resource, /lights/8, not available
   Hue Lights Error                Error retrieving Hue device status: resource, /lights/9, not available
   Hue Lights Error                Error retrieving Hue device status: resource, /lights/16, not available
   Hue Lights Error                Error retrieving Hue device status: resource, /lights/17, not available
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Bottom 1" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Bottom 2" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Bottom 3" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Top 1" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Top 2" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Top 3" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Top 4" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:07 am
nsheldon offline

Thanks for checking on that.

Could you enable debug logging (Plugins -> Hue Lights -> Toggle Debug Log). I have a hunch, but I need specific data from your log.

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:14 am
marketability offline

Thanks - debug after a plugin reload attached
Attachments
marketability_debug.txt
(486.8 KiB) Downloaded 140 times