Hue Plugin 1.4.5 - CPU Load

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:28 pm
johntock offline

Re: Hue Plugin 1.4.5 - CPU Load

I too still see high CPU usage.

However, the error preventing me from adding/editing Hue Groups has been resolved by version 1.4.6b1

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:38 pm
nsheldon offline

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm looking at the debug logs @marketability posted to see if I can find a "smoking gun," as it were, for the CPU thing.

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:58 pm
marketability offline

much appreciated nathan _ id buy you a pint if you were a bit more local!

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:01 pm
nsheldon offline

Beta 1.4.6b2 Available

Based on your feedback and debug logs, I made some code changes. Could you guys please try 1.4.6b2?

I'm hoping this version fixes the high CPU issue.

Please download, install, and try out the 1.4.6b2 version here. Let me know if it fixes the high CPU usage and if there are any new errors that I missed.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:29 am
marketability offline

Thanks Nathan - that does seem much better
5 - 10% spikes with a very occasional 20%
no other errors I can see (apart from the known one for new ambience bulbs...

Code: Select all
 Stopping plugin Hue Lights (pid 699)
   Stopped plugin Hue Lights
   Installing plugin Hue Lights v1.4.6b2 (previous version 1.4.6b1 moved to trash)
   Loading plugin "Hue Lights 1.4.6b2"
   Starting plugin "Hue Lights 1.4.6b2" (pid 12193)
   Started plugin "Hue Lights 1.4.6b2"
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 34 lights.
   Hue Lights                      Loaded 14 groups.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Bedroom Anteroom" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Kitchen Cooker Left" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Kitchen Cooker Right" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Bottom 1" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Bottom 2" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Bottom 3" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Top 1" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Top 2" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Top 3" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.
   Hue Lights Error                The "Stairs Top 4" device is from an old Hue Lights version. Double-click on the device in Indigo, click "Edit Device Settings", then click "Save" and close the "Edit Device" window.

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:40 am
nsheldon offline

Thanks! Could you try double-clicking one or two of the devises that show errors, then click the Edit Device Settings button, then the Save button and close the Edit Device window? Then reload the plugin (Plugins -> Hue Lights -> Reload) to see if it shows the error again for that device. It shouldn't. If that works, you'll need to do that redefinition procedure with all the older Hue Lights devices listed in the errors. This redefinition process is needed in order to add Indigo 7 specific properties to the devices. The error was appearing before even after the redefinition because of an error in how I was checking if a device was old or not.

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:16 am
marketability offline

Tried that but no joy - all the lights that won't take the redefinition are "Ambiance" GU10 bulbs of model "LTW013"

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:05 pm
nsheldon offline

Okay. Thanks for testing. I'll double check the code. I must have missed something.

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:54 pm
nsheldon offline

Beta 1.4.6b3 Available

Could you guys please try 1.4.6b3?

I'm hoping this version fixes the false positive errors in the log about old Hue Lights devices. This version also automatically detects and updates old Hue Lights devices without showing errors in the log. If any devices are updated, it simply lets you know this was done in the log.

Please download, install, and try out the 1.4.6b3 version here. Let me know if it fixed the errors and if there are any new errors that I missed.

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:03 am
marketability offline

Thanks Nathan - much appreciated
Thats seems to have done the trick!!

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:59 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.4.6 Posted

• Fixed a bug that would cause the plugin to crash when updating Ambiance light white levels.
  • Fixed the device startup bug that warned of old devices. The plugin now automatically detects and updates any old Hue Lights devices and simply puts a notice of this in the Indigo log.
  • Changed light and group status update process to use less CPU in mid to large Hue installations.
  • Fixed a potential bug in the startup code that may have caused an infinite device reload loop, and thus high CPU load.
  • Fixed a bug that caused an error when attempting to edit Hue Groups device settings in the Indigo UI.
  • Added some underlying code needed to support scenes and sensors, as well as other Hue features. Scenes and sensors are not yet supported, but it will now be easier to provide limited support in the future.