Internet Radio Help

Posted on
Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:37 pm
CraigM offline

Internet Radio Help

Nathan, could you please explain the "Set Tuner Frequency" and "Select Tuner Preset' options.

I wish to have Indigo actions that:
1) Turn ON receiver
2) Select source INTERNET RADIO or TUNER
3) Tune to a particular free RADIO STATION

I can't figure out how to select and store stations, I assume it has to do with one/both of the tuner prefs.
What is A1, A2... refer to?
Also, will I need a station URL? is there a list of station URL's online?

Posted on
Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:34 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Internet Radio Help

Hi Craig.

The Pioneer Receiver plugin can turn on your receiver. Depending on which model you have, you may be able to select the INTERNER RADIO source. The word "TUNER" refers to the broadcast radio receiver (AM/FM). A1, A2, etc. refer to TUNER preset broadcast radio stations, not Internet Radio.

"Set Tuner Frequency" refers to setting the broadcast radio frequency you want to listen to such as 94.9 MHz FM or 1070 kHz AM.

"Select Tuner Preset" refers to selecting a broadcast radio frequency that was previously assigned to a memory preset on the receiver such as A1 , A2, etc.

You won't be able to use the plugin to set presets. You'll need to use the remote control that came with the receiver to do that or the front panel buttons. Honestly, I'm not sure that selecting an internet radio preset will be possible either. I only have a VSX-1021-K for testing which doesn't have the same internet features as current models. You can find all the raw commands for most Pioneer receivers by downloading the Excel spreadsheet for your receiver model or model year at http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... om-Install. You can then use the Send Raw Command action in the Pioneer Receiver actions in Indigo re send the commands needed. It might take some research on your part though.

Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 1