Philips Hue Single Bulb V3 white & color ambiance

Posted on
Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:33 am
marketability offline

Re: Philips Hue Single Bulb V3 white & color ambiance

Hi - just wanted to check whether I have a new bulb type or am being stupid trying to add them as devices

The bulb type is a GU10 spotlight model name LTW013 "Hue Ambiance Spot"

The update devices is working as it pulls in the group the new bulbs belong to but I can't add the individual bulbs as devices

ThANKS FOR YOUR HELP AS ALWAYS

Posted on
Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:25 am
CliveS offline

To quote from a previous post in this thread by Nathan

you can edit the "supportedDevices.py" file and add that modelID to the compatible device list in that file. To view and edit the file, go to the "Go" menu in the Finder and select "Go to Folder". Type (or paste)
Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Hue Lights.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin
Open the "supportedDevices.py" file in a text editor like TextEdit. Find the line that starts with "kHueBulbDeviceIDs". Add your modelID "LLC020" to that list, making sure it's surrounded by single quotation marks. Save the file and reload the plugin. If you're not comfortable making code changes like that, you can wait for the next update

To add your bulb first make a copy of supportedDevices.py and then open supportedDevices.py and you need to add LTW013 to kHueBulbDeviceIDs (I think! but Nathan will correct me if this is wrong)
# (compatible Hue bulb devices)
kHueBulbDeviceIDs = ['LCT001', 'LCT002', 'LCT003', 'LCT007', 'LLC010', 'LLM001', 'LLM010', 'LLM011', 'LLM012', 'LTW001', 'LTW004', 'LTW013', 'LTW014', 'LST002', 'FLS-PP3']
I used Xcode to modify my file as I found TextEdit was adding extras to my file and causing chaos

CliveS

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:20 am
nsheldon offline

@marketability: Nope. Not being stupid.. I'll add that model to the next update as well. Clive's instructions are spot on. If you're comfortable making that edit, it'll work right away and should be a good workaround until the next update.

@CliveS: Thanks for the assist!

Posted on
Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:18 pm
marketability offline

Thanks Clive & Nathan - will give the edit a go!

Posted on
Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:30 pm
marketability offline

all sorted - thanks!

Posted on
Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:07 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.3.29 Posted

• Added support for additional Hue light models.

Posted on
Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:16 am
marketability offline

Thanks for this - couple of issues that you might be able to help with please

should i delete the "hacked" devices I added by editing the devices file?

I'm getting these errors...

Code: Select all
 Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key hue not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key hue not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key saturation not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key colorX not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key colorY not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key colorTemp not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key colorMode not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key colorRed not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key colorGreen not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "Bedroom Anteroom" state key colorBlue not defined (ignoring update request)
  Hue Lights Error                The "Lounge Lightstrip" device has an unrecognized model ID of "LST002". Hue Lights plugin does not support this device.

the LST002 device is an odd one

Thanks again

Posted on
Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:25 am
marketability offline

I've solved the state errors by deleting and re adding the devices - thanks

Posted on
Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:26 am
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Great! I'm glad you were able to resolve the errors. Yea, the version 2 light strips are a bit odd in terms of how they're defined in the plugin (due to the fact that they support color temperature).

Posted on
Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:13 am
durosity offline

Do we know what the differences between the v2 and v3 bulbs are? I've had a look and counldn't seem to find much beyond confirmation of their existence.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:22 am
nsheldon offline

The docs on the Philips Hue developer site seem to indicate a slight difference in color gamut between the old and new lights. Not a big difference though.

Posted on
Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:59 pm
durosity offline

Well I'm quite happy with my v1 bulbs and the hue + ambilight feature on my TV.. So no pressing need to upgrade :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:58 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.3.30 Posted

• Fixed a bug in 1.3.29 that prevented Hue Lights from recognizing the 2nd generation LightStrips.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:21 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.4.0 Posted

Note this version is only compatible with Indigo 7. Indigo 6 and earlier users should NOT upgrade.

• Added support for color picker in RGB and HSB color setting actions.
  • Added support for color and white temperature UI features in Indigo.
  • Added Toggle Debugging menu item in Hue Lights plugin menu.
  • Changed Hue Lights to now require Indigo 7 or later.
  • Changed LightStrip Plus handling so it appears with the original Hue LigthStrip model in Edit Device Settings dialog.
  • Updated Hue Group device name to show that it's no longer experimental.