Equipment requirements

Posted on
Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:47 am
zurich offline

Equipment requirements

Greetings,

Can you please to tell me what is required to use your plugin? Of course the Hue Light bulbs but I see Philips use a bridge, this is required also? Do you have list of items that can be use with your plugin? Please excuse to me if it is posted already but I cannot locate this information.

I am in Switzerland and want to see if this light system is available for 240 volt.

King regards,

Z

Posted on
Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:35 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Equipment requirements

Hi.

The Hue system revolves around a Hue gateway or "hub". It's a ZigBee compliant controller that is part of all Hue starter kits. You control Hue bulbs by pairing them with the Hue hub then using other external devices (such as your smartphone or the Hue Lights plugin) to tell the Hue hub how to control the bulbs. A working Hue hub and at least one paired light are required for the Hue Lights plugin to work (along with Indigo Pro 5 or newer, of course).

No, there is no list of compatible devices. All Philips branded lights paired with the hub are compatible. Some non-Philips lights are compatible as well, as long as they're paired with the Hue hub.

Posted on
Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:04 pm
zurich offline

Greetings,

Thanks to you for reply.

Today I purchase Philips - hue LED White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit - Multicolor. I go through set up OK, I get to Configure Hue Bulb and
select Hue Device: it give me Hue Color Lamp 1 to 3. I am thinking the Hub already set up for the 3 bulbs in this kit? The bulbs work ok in Indigo .
But when I try to add a new Hue White 800 Lumens there is no option for this in Hue Device: only the Hue Color Lamp 1 to 3.

How I can make it see the new Hue White 800 Lumens bulb which is not part of the kit?

Kind regards,

Z

Posted on
Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:18 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi.

I'm glad you were able to get a starter kit and get the Hue Lights plugin working with the 3 bulbs that came with it.

When trying to add the Hue White 800 lumens bulb to Indigo, in the Create New Device window be sure the "Type" is set to "Hue Lights", the "Model" is set to "Living Whites (Hue Lux, Generic Light, etc.)". When the Configure Living Whites... window appears, the Hue White bulb should be in the list.

Posted on
Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:11 pm
zurich offline

Greetings,

Thanks to you again for reply.

I was follow your instructions but the Hue White 800 lumens bulb was not in the list. In the end I added it using the Philips Hue Android app. Once it was added to the Philips Hub , I created new device in Indigo and it was in the list. I was not sure if create new device in Indigo added a new bulb to the Philips Hub. I could not find any informations on Adding New Bulb to Philips Hub using Indigo.

Kind regards,

Z

Page 1 of 1