Hue Plugin Error in log

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:26 pm
Albatros offline

Hue Plugin Error in log

For a while now I see the following error in my log file. The plugin is working but what does this mean.

2016-09-20 08:20:55.669 Hue Lights Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 719, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 2442, in getBulbStatus
StandardError: ServerCommunicationError -- timeout waiting for response

2016-09-20 08:20:55.671 Hue Lights Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:48 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Plugin Error in log

Hi.

Thanks for the report. That error indicates the Hue Lights plugin is having trouble communicating with the Hue hub while attempting to gather status updates for all of your Hue connected lights. Be sure you've updated the Hue Lights plugin to the latest version and that your Hue hub is updated with the latest firmware. Though rare, if you are nearing the maximum number of devices on your Hue hub (50), the hub may be "throttling" requests from the Hue Lights plugin. In other words, the hub may be receiving too many status update requests from the plugin and has decided to temporarily stop talking to the plugin. It's also possible that there's an intermittent network connection issue between your computer and the hub.

Posted on
Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:19 am
Albatros offline

I have fixed the problem. In my router I gave the mac mini a fixed IP address. Did the same in the network preferences of the mac mini.

After setting the network preferences of the mac mini back to DHCP the concurrentthread server communication errors of the SecuritySpy and Hue plugin are gone.

Probably this is best practices but with my limited network knowledge I initially configured it as described.

Posted on
Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:25 am
nsheldon offline

Excellent! Glad to hear you were able to find and fix the problem. Thanks for sharing your solution.

Page 1 of 1