Hue Bulbs State to Preset

Posted on
Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:48 am
stevemac00 offline

Hue Bulbs State to Preset

Is there a method I can use to "grab" the hue state created from the phillips app and store in one of my plug-in presets?

Also, I noticed a problem with the experimental group setting for Kelvin is not updating properly.

Thanks much for the plug-in! I'm finally getting it set up so I can control pre-defined states from scene switches.

Posted on
Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:55 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Bulbs State to Preset

Hi.

If you're talking about grabbing the settings of all the Hue bulbs in a scene and saving it to the Hue Lights plugin, no. There's no easy way to do that. As an alternative, you can grab the state of an individual bulb by saving its state to a Preset, then create a group of bulbs (with a mobile app like Lightbow) and and apply the Preset in the Hue Lights plugin to the group.

If you have a scene that you created in the Philips Hue app on your mobile device that has different settings for different bulbs, the easiest way to reproduce that in Indigo with Hue Lights is to save the setting of each bulb into a Preset within Hue Lights, then use an Action Group in Indio to apply all of those Presets back to the bulbs again when you want to activate that scene from within Indigo.

Posted on
Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:32 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Bulbs State to Preset

I don't think I addressed your report of the color temperature in groups not updating properly.

Could you give me an example of when the color temperature of a group doesn't appear correctly? The steps you take to reproduce the problem would be most helpful.

Page 1 of 1