Hue Presets lost when restarting indigo

Posted on
Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:29 am
DirkWe offline

Hue Presets lost when restarting indigo

Hello guys from germany,

i am using the hue plugin for a few weeks and everything worked fine.

Yesterday i tried to program a more complex scene for my living room using the prests.
Everthing seems fine but when i restart indigo, all my presets are gone, all are empty....

What am i doing wrong ? Any help is welcome...

Thanks
Dirk

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:48 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Presets lost when restarting indigo

Hi Dirk.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Hue Lights plugin presets are stored in the plugin preferences file at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/Plugins/com.nathansheldon.indigoplugin.HueLights.indiPref. If that file is not writable by the user under which the IndigoServer is running, that could be the problem. For example, if you logged into your Mac as "User 1" and installed Indigo Pro, then logged in later as "User 2" and started the Indigo server, it probably doesn't have sufficient write privileges to create or edit preference files in that directory. If that's the case, you'll either need to run the Indigo server as "User 1" or change the permissions on the Preferences folder listed above (as well as any preference files in there). There may also be an issue with the IndigoServer not having sufficient privileges based on the Security & Privacy settings in the Security pane of System Preferences.

Here are some things to try.

• Run a permissions repair on your Mac's system drive using Disk Utility.
  • Make sure you start the Indigo server while logged into the Mac as the same user that installed Indigo Pro.
  • Stop the Indigo server process (Indigo 6 menu -> Stop Server), then delete the preference file listed above, then start the server again. NOTE: This will require you to re-pair the Hue Lights plugin with the hub and will delete any Hue Lights presets that may have been saved in the past.

Posted on
Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:38 pm
DirkWe offline

[Solved] Re: Hue Presets lost when restarting indigo

Hello Nick,

many thanks for your help and for your time!

After my summer holiday I checked, that the privileges for your config file are as supposed. And what shall I say: Everything is working by now, the presets are stored in that file, even if i restart indigo. That´s fine. But i really don´t know what went wrong in the past...

Again, thanks for your help, you time and your great plugin :D :D :D

Regards Dirk

Posted on
Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:42 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Presets lost when restarting indigo

Hi Dirk.

Awesome! I'm glad that worked.

Page 1 of 1