Cree Connected control via Hue Hub and plugin?

Posted on
Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:10 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Cree Connected control via Hue Hub and plugin?

Thanks for the tip. I've heard of at least one other person having success using the Cree with the same solution. I'm glad it worked for you as well. I haven't added support for the Cree yet specifically because it doesn't provide a model ID and the plugin was designed around that as a means of identifying which devices support which features. So without an ID, it's very difficult to determine which features to enable.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:00 am
remahfpakt offline

Instead of modifying the plugin, I created Rooms in the Hue Bridge just for my 2 Cree Connected bulbs. Now, within Indigo I control them via their Hue Groups, instead of controlling the bulbs directly. It was a simple solution for me, and I didn't need to modify the most excellent Indigo plugin!

Side note: I'm unlikely to buy any more Cree bulbs, since the new Hue White bulb costs less, and draws 2w less electricity for basically the same lumens.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:09 am
nsheldon offline

Excellent work around for the lack of a model ID on the Cree lights. I'd honestly forgotten about the Cree light issue, and I'm sure tweaking every update was a real pain, so I'm glad you were able to come up with a simple but effective solution.