Energy EAGLE Discussion

Posted on
Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:02 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Energy EAGLE Discussion

Hi again.

Certainly. I'll see if I can track that down and share it.

Posted on
Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:39 pm
automaton offline

Nathan,

The XML has changed. The list_devices call to the Eagle only returns some fields now:

Code: Select all
API Request:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<LocalCommand>
<Name>list_devices</Name>
</LocalCommand>

API Response:
<DeviceInfo>
  <DeviceMacId>REMOVED</DeviceMacId>
  <InstallCode> REMOVED </InstallCode>
  <LinkKeyHigh> REMOVED </LinkKeyHigh>
  <LinkKeyLow> REMOVED </LinkKeyLow>
  <FWVersion>1.4.48 (6952)</FWVersion>
  <HWVersion>3.2.3</HWVersion>
  <Manufacturer>Rainforest Automation, Inc.</Manufacturer>
  <ModelId>Z109-EAGLE</ModelId>
  <DateCode>20121201EC051052</DateCode>
  <ImageType>0x1001</ImageType>
</DeviceInfo>

I hacked out all the code that looks for other XML elements that are no longer there (in eagleDeviceData around lines 1134-1194), and have it running for now. We'll see how it goes.

Interesting that the firmware reports 1.4.48 above, but the web UI on the Eagle says 2.2.0.7515

Posted on
Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:53 pm
GRWilde offline

If you get it working let me know. My plugin stopped working when they updated my Eagle to 2.2 firmware, so I disabled it.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:04 am
jeffgtx offline

Hi. for those of you who experience the plugin failing, can you mention if you have the allow remote security setting set in the new firmware?
i suspect that might be the problem as there is obviously no place in the plugin to enter your credentials like for the app or web browser interface.

Posted on
Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:14 pm
bmalarky offline

Indigo 6.1.4
Eagle Firmware: 2.2.3.7906

The setting for "Allow Remote Management" does not seem to have an affect on the error.

Posted on
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:19 pm
agame offline

hi, can anyone advise whether this plugin is dead? Interested in a smart meter interface of some kind, this looks perfect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:57 am
rhanson offline

I believe Nathan said he doesn't have this device any longer and therefore can't maintain the plugin.

I use it without any issues. However, I have not updated the firmware on my Eagle device.
My Eagle says the HW version is 3.2.3 and the firmware is 2.1.4.7431.

Looks like they have a new version about to be released, the Eagle-200.

They have a github page with their own python library, so even if this plugin doesn't work, it's fairly easy to get the data you need.
https://github.com/rainforestautomation/Eagle-Http-API

Posted on
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:47 am
nsheldon offline

Yea. I don't support the plugin any longer because I don't have the EAGLE any longer (or access the SmartMeter either). I'm glad they released a Python library though. That will help anyone creating any new plugins.

Posted on
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:03 pm
berkinet offline

rhanson wrote:
I believe Nathan said he doesn't have this device any longer and therefore can't maintain the plugin.... ...I use it without any issues. However, I have not updated the firmware on my Eagle device. My Eagle says the HW version is 3.2.3 and the firmware is 2.1.4.7431.

I finally upgraded from 2.1.4.7431 to the current version, 2.3.4.8466, and it broke the plugin. It looks like a lot of the data they were providing in the XML feed has been moved, or removed. With a little hacking I got the plug to load again and report the key states. But, a lot are blank. As I get time I'll go over the API and see if I can make the plugin more dynamic. If anyone is interested, please post here and I can share the work as I make progress.

rhanson also wrote:
They have a github page with their own python library, so even if this plugin doesn't work, it's fairly easy to get the data you need.
https://github.com/rainforestautomation/Eagle-Http-API
Unfortunately the GitHub project was based on the RESTful API and not the "local API," which is currently being used in the plugin, or theCloud Uploader API , which pushes data to an external service. Fortunately, Nathan's work is still generally on-target, so bringing it up to date shouldn't be too hard.

CORRECTION: The plugin uses the XML API, which is no longer officially supported because the Eagle, which it supports, has been replaced by the Eagle-200